Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, for those who do not know, I am going to collect the entire Ultramarines chapter. Do not expect any models anytime soon, but I have decided on commanders for each company, and when the new codex comes out I will start drawing up army lists.

1st Company
Terminator Captain

2nd Company
Master of the Watch

3rd Company
Master of the Arsenal

4th Company
Master of the Fleet

5th Company
Medusa V Sicarius

6th Company
AoBR Commander

7th Company
New Sicarius (with a different name obviously)

8th Company
2008 Golden Demon model

9th Company
Space Marine Commander

10th Company
Master of Recruits

I have not decided on other special characters and the like, but I do know that I will have a chaplain and librarian in each company. Army lists in 2 or 3 months!:mrgreen: Sorry for the long wait, but it will be a huge list. I will post company by company so as to avoid confusion.:good:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didnt think the chapter master had a company , the only chapter master i can think of who does is logan grimnar (who actually has two companies), my point with logan thing, only non-codex chapters would have a chaptor master leading a company.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The way it is is that there are 10 captians that lead the companies, some of which are masters of the chapter like you have it, a step above a regular captian but not quite a chapter master, and as it is a master wont necisarily lead a company but will accompany a strike force(several companies) into battle, and the first company captian, although he generally doesnt have any spiffy title, could probably be considered a master of the chapter just for the reason he is the head of the friggen first company :laugh:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Well Aggeman "sits at the right hand of Marneus". So you could make him a Master rules-wise. But to collect the Chapter would also include the ENTIRE Armoury wouldn't it? Including Techmarines. Librarians stay in the Librarium, and get selected which one goes where by Tigurius. Only Chaplains stay in Companies.Are you including Headquarters Staff? 'Cos then that includes Chapter Master, the 3 Honour Guard squads, then more Chaplains including Cassius. Not only this but there is also the Transport vehicles and the fact that to buy all, make and paint all of this WILL take years. Literally.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I was more thinking on a practical line. Each company assembled according to datasheet, add support vehicles, a chaplain and a librarian for each, and 2 techmarines and retinue to each. Then also have Marneus and 1 honour guard squad to lead the whole force.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
and the fact that to buy all, make and paint all of this WILL take years. Literally.
No kidding. Ten years of collecting for me, and I spend a fair penny on this hobby (according to the store logs, I spend around $200 a month on it, although admittedly most of that is not Space Marines these days-- I paint everything, even though I only really like to play the Astartes), and I'm not at a Chapter yet-- I'm at four Battle Companies with armoury, Reclusiam, 1st, and 10th Company support. Nothing wrong with wanting to do it, but just realize how much it actually is.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I completely understand, but I am likely to be single most of my life (girls hate my guts for some reason:() and I will be earning 100k a year Air Force pay, so I have funding, and I just have to find the time. I am only 15, so I have many years ahead of me to get this done. I will probably start in two years time, after I finish my current 1500 pt army and my planned 3000 pt army (all SM). I really am a Space Marine nut!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I completely understand, but I am likely to be single most of my life (girls hate my guts for some reason:()...
Lol, that's pretty much the same with me, although for some reason everyone at the girls' school (I go to an all boys school) 'round here seems to know my name. I'm still trying to find out why...

As a side note, if you do manage to create this force, it would make for a spectacular Apocalypse game. Maybe against a Black Legion player or perhaps against a Tyranid force? That is if anyone has enough points...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
...I am likely to be single most of my life ... and I will be earning 100k a year ... I am only 15...
And, has nothing in your life changed since you were 12? If it has, there's a fairly good bet that things might change over the next 3 years too...

But, don't let that put you off; hell, why not collect a chapter if you want? I think it's a fine thing to do, as someone who's just painting up the last guys for his Battle Company (which people told me I was daft for doing... before Apocalypse came out, before only troops were scoring, HA! I showed them!).

Just, don't expect life to run according to plan, is all I'm saying.

:no one expects the Spanish Inquisition cyclops:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Abso-bloody-lutely! "You go girl!" as I believe the young people to say.

Keep us informed by photy and stuff of your progress. I'd quite like to see a Chapter, I've only seen one before: a guy from Poland called Artur Szyndler had his Blood Angels Chapter in WD a few years back. Couldn't see any details, the photo was from so far away because otherwise you couldn't see it all...

:cyclops of macragge:

·
Registered
726 Posts
You just doing the infantry side of the chapter or are you doing the support vehicle companies of land speeders, whirlwinds, vindicators etc. as well?

I'd say you've probably already got somewhat of a mission ahead of you, but y'know - I had to ask :wink:

I'd quite like to see a Chapter, I've only seen one before: a guy from Poland called Artur Szyndler had his Blood Angels Chapter in WD a few years back.
Were you not at the games day years and years back when GW put together the whole of the Ultramarines chapter for their display piece? I think it was the very first unveiling of the thunderhawk gunship model at 40k scale, so some time ago now (probably about 8-9 years at a guess - god I feel old!)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts