Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first Warhammer 40K novel. I know that it's the 4th book of Ultramarines series but i started from here anyway by coinsidace. It was the only 40k novel on shelf at the bookstore... So i got it and started. It was a nice read. I will read the rest of the series and Iron Warriors series which was written by the same author and somewhat connected to the Ultramarines series. The book was mainly about the war crime of genoside. Commander Barbaden ordered a genoside at the Kathurian Providance of Planet Salinas, the killing ground was another given name for the place after the genoside... Barbaden made The Genoside in the name of the God Emperor and all but that was never the less a crime against humanity.... Barbaden was a monster, and punished as such in the end of the novel with all the accomplices.

Captain Uriel Ventris and his loyal friend sergent passanius of The Ultramarines of Adaptus Astartes arrived at Salians with a device that relesed big amount of wrap energy in to the world of Salinas with their arrival. They came from notorious The Eye of Terror Planet of Ruinous Forces... They had monsters with them which believed in the God Emperor. Their hearts were at the right place even if their horrific appearances and Uriel wanted to save them. They were called the unfleashed. Uriel and Passanious found the local authorties which were led by Barbaden, sent a message to home and The Adaptus Astartes Gray Knights chapter answered the call. Leodegarius as the inqusitor leader of Gray Knights put Uriel and Passanius in to some tests to see if they came from The Eye of Terror without corroption before starting to help them, and they passed all of The Tests. Then Leodegarious, Uriel, Passanious and Grey Knights acted to save the Planet of Salinas.

Barbaden made the genoside to bring the rebel forces out to open battle, and achived his purpose... mad with sadness and revenge at their hearts, The Sons of Salinas went into open battle against Barbaden and lost, they all died... only with one survior, their former leader. If you could call that surviving... He lost his both legs, one arm, eyes and he was burnt all over but he gained latent power with this excuritiatingly painful experience.... With this psytic powers, he ripped a hole in reality and elready warp sensitive planet was about fell pray to the daemons because of this... But this was stopped by Leodegarious, Uriel and Passanious, The last moment of The leader of Unfleshed was really tragic, but as monster from Eye of The Terror, he was corropted... It had to be done... After Uriel dealt with The Tragic stutation, him and Passanious were sent back to Macraggea as Ultramarines who regained their honoures by the help of The Grey Knights, Macraggea was The Home Planet of all Ultramarines

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
148 Posts
I remember reading the first and second omnibus of Uriel Ventri's story arc, and his change from captain, to dishonoured and sent on a death oath ( which leads to this particular story) and his character arc after this story is very well laid out.

I would definitely recommend reading the entirety of the 2 omnibuses in sequence.

If you do like about honour and duty I would also read the first 3 Horus Heresy books, to see how the 40k ultramarines compare to the rest of the Legions from 10000 years before. Know no fear is also a very good read if you want direct comparison between this chapter, and the Legion they originated from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts