Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing my friends Tau soon it's a 1k game and because I'm against tau I've decided to go for a strong assualt list what does everyone else think ???

Marneus Calgar : 275 points

Vanguard veteran squad : 275 points
Thunder hammer storm shield x2
Jump packs sergeant relic blade
Power sword x2

Land raider crusader : 250 points

Terminator assualt squad : 225 points
Thunder hammer storm shield x5

Total : 1000 points

Tactics

Marneus Calgar and the termies will go in the land raider and then move in to attack. The veteran squad have jump packs so they will be able to assualt with the jet packs.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i dont really see how this list will work to well against the tau..too few models against a gunline army....if your playing for fun go for it..if your plaining on winning i would rethink it

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
168 Posts
i dont really see how this list will work to well against the tau..too few models against a gunline army....if your playing for fun go for it..if your plaining on winning i would rethink it
Id have to agree with this statement. With a so limited number of models on the board it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Id be looking to run two, possibly three lines of attack in order to split the firepower. You could drop a couple of empty drop pods to soak up some firepower for a turn or two and sit on an objective(take 2x tactical squads to get these). Also, you need some anti air units, just in cast he decides to bring some aerial units into play.

How would you deal with his battlesuits? What do you have in your army roster?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
imo, marneus is overkill at 1000 pts. to kill tau in cc you just need a captain with hammer and shield eternal, maybe on bike. I'd use a big bunch of bikers and scouts to pin him down with snipers, plus a drop with some tacsquads. You want to get close asap and have enough bodies to harm him in cc.
my two cents :)

Also: 2000 posts, yuhuu!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts