Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Cossonie and I am getting back into Warhammer 40k! I own the new space marine codex, the captain, (1) rhino, the dreadnought, and (4) space marines. Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I have been working on a lot of lists and this one seems to be the cheapest for me right now. :crying:

Ultramarine Army List

Combined Arms Detachment Points Total (500)
Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines

HQ (115 pts)

Captain
-Boltgun (free)
-Artificer Armour
-Melta Bombs

Troops (250 pts)

Tactical Squad
-(4) Space Marines
-(1) Space Marine Sergeant
-Melta Bombs
-(1) Rhino

Tactical Squad
-(4) Space Marines
-(1) Meltagun
-(1) Power Fist
-(1) Rhino

Elite (135 pts)

Dreadnought
-Twin-Linked Lascannon
-Power Fist-built-in heavy flamer
-Extra Armour

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer that the models have the wargear as opposed to proxying. I'm not sure what armies I will be up against. I'm trying to build a list that will be good against multiple armies. I have a little bit of flexibility with the list because I am still trying to iron out what troops I will be getting. I'm not too excited about putting a power fist on a wound 1 sergeant, but I am trying to build up a pre-painted army. I'm not very good at painting and that was a big reason for not sticking with Warhammer 40k before because my miniatures look awful even after all of my practice. I'm ok with minor touch-ups but nothing serious. Thank you so much for the response!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input! The Dreadnought does not have magnets but the arms just pop off so that's a plus, I have a Assault Cannon for him as well. I have thought about what you said so I made a new list with some of the recommendations. Here goes.

Ultramarine Army List

Combined Arms Detachment Points Total (500)
Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines

HQ (105 pts)

Chaplain
-Digital Weapons
-Melta Bombs

Troops (280 pts)

Tactical Squad
-(4) Space Marines
-(1) Flamer
-(1) Rhino

Tactical Squad
-(4) Space Marines
-(1) Meltagun
-(1) Rhino

Scout Squad
-(4) Scouts
-(1) Scout Sergeant

Fast Attack (115 pts)

Assault Squad
-(4) Space Marines
-(1) Space Marines Sergeant
-(5) Jump Packs
-(1) Power Fist
-(1) Combat Shield

Should I drop the rhinos at this point limit and pick up more space marines?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.