Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 191 Posts

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
You, still. I'm just taking the piss out of your nationality. Care to finish?
But, but ... you're a manc! :grin:

Aside it doesn't look great but I'm def gonna watch it! The story maybe pretty good plus its 40k on film thats gonna elevate it slightly! Looking forward to some marines getting f#*ed up!

Does anyone now the gist of the plot (I have quite potentially been living under a rock concerning this)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
The movie looks so amazing, I will order the Limited Edition! Cant wait for this, the new trailer made me feel even more excited about this than before!

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Judging by the Empire video it's Ultramarines killing Chaos (possibly Black Legion). The Imperial Fists pop in for a nice afternoon cup of tea and some cake, fuck some shit up and go back to searching for Iron Warrior face to punch in. Oh and something to do with honour, so yeah we'll see what happens.

Grish

[wooo cracked the 1k mark, now on 1k +1 :p]

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Having seen the Gamesday exclusive trailer, the movie looks decent. The acting's pretty good and I'm fairly certain Sean Pertwee's the Chaplain.

As for the CGI it looks alright to me. The real thing to laugh about however is the claim from Codex pictures that GW have been fending off Hollywood for years until the right people came along. Patriotic as I am, I doubt GW were looking for a small firm that needs this film to be a success to work.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
As for the CGI it looks alright to me. The real thing to laugh about however is the claim from Codex pictures that GW have been fending off Hollywood for years until the right people came along. Patriotic as I am, I doubt GW were looking for a small firm that needs this film to be a success to work.
If it's not a success, perhaps GW will risk getting the "wrong" people in Hollywood to create a visually stunning movie.

As long as they keep Dan Abnett to write the plot. Seriously, Hollywood plots are shit these days. The only thing keeping people coming are the special effects (Avatar, right?), but even they aren't enough sometimes.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
The movie looks sub par. It really has been a let down for me. I have been into 40k since its inception back in, what, 1987? ever since then the idea that a movie based on the 40k universe and its inhabitants could be not only done, but be one of the best sci-fi/war/action movies made if the proper directors, actors and financial backing was put forth. The stories, the visuals, the characters are all there just waiting to be exploited on film.
Now that Games Workshop have officially done it, I am unhappy with what I have seen so far, and it doesn't look promising.
Seriously, it is a 20+ year let down. I will still watch it hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but not holding my breathe.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Considering that this is a GW-sponsored movie, my expectations are far from high. Hell, I just shrug at the graphics. However, if any of the following happens I'll raise an eyebrow:
- IFs didn't suck Girlyman's dick so they're inferior (for those who don't know: Girlyman=Guilliman (it originates from a pronounciation """problem"""))
- every SM that gets corrupted (there HAS to be some) is an IF, the smurfs are incorruptible.
- the IFs turn out to be heretics/suckers/losers for keeping something heretical secret/not killing Coyote-caliber (Looney Tunes, you know) KHEYOSS DURRMURREEENZ/running out of bullets (or some other plain-retarded shit.
- the smurfs go Powerpuff Girls and save the day, sponsored by Matt Ward (meaning: they get everything done what the IFs couldn't with minimal effort )
- SIIINDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (meaning: retarded/kobold-level CSM and/or Chaos Lord)

Fortunately, theres Dan who can fix all these problems in one swoop so I have enough faith in the movie to watch it at the very least. Most likely a few mates and I will buy one DVD together, watch it together and see it for ourselves.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Calm down? Mother Fucker, if you don't shut the fuck up, I'm Calm you down myself.

View attachment 8483

As I said, calm down calm down!

On topic, what?? I don't wanna see black legion get two shades of shit kicked out of them by bloody ultratwats! damit! Sometimes the bad guys should win, like seriously wouldn't it have been better if wile coyote panned out road runner or sylvester munched spacky pie??

I'm a little dissapointed with chaos being the atagonists but hey ho!Maybe it will spark interest and get a bigger budget if they make another one!?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
On topic, what?? I don't wanna see black legion get two shades of shit kicked out of them by bloody ultratwats! damit! Sometimes the bad guys should win, like seriously wouldn't it have been better if wile coyote panned out road runner or sylvester munched spacky pie??
Why should the chaos heretics not get their ass kicked? They are heretics, weak traitors that fell to false promises of power, glory and immortality! And what did they get? Eternal damnation! They have fallen from the most holy Emperors light, and turned to the darkness of the vile chaos gods! Let their souls burn for an eternity!

And what is wrong with the Ultramarines, really? For half a year or so ago, I used to call them Ultrasmurfs, but why, really, why? I dont know, cause there is really nothing wrong with them... They have good fluff, their colors are quite good, and they have very good organization cause of the Codex Astartes, so I actually enjoy seeing them in the movie!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Just watched the empire trailer and... wow... that SUCKS. Heck.. sucks isn't a strong enough word for it, its sooo bad it makes Battlefeild Earth look like a classic...

Poor CGI, Terrible animataion, diabolic script... as said, Relic could have knocked out something vastly superior to this without even trying considering their DoW sequences.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Just watched the empire trailer and... wow... that SUCKS. Heck.. sucks isn't a strong enough word for it, its sooo bad it makes Battlefeild Earth look like a classic...

Poor CGI, Terrible animataion, diabolic script... as said, Relic could have knocked out something vastly superior to this without even trying considering their DoW sequences.
I did not see anything wrong in this, it looks good, the sound acting is good and the story seems like the perfect things that we can get from Black Library! :angry::angry:

·
Registered
335 Posts
i agree that the film visually looks shit, but im at least glad GW has given a go at trying to make a film revolving around 40k or warhammer, its probably just a first try or "test run" to see how popular they could be in the movie world

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Why should the chaos heretics not get their ass kicked? They are heretics, weak traitors that fell to false promises of power, glory and immortality! And what did they get? Eternal damnation! They have fallen from the most holy Emperors light, and turned to the darkness of the vile chaos gods! Let their souls burn for an eternity!

And what is wrong with the Ultramarines, really? For half a year or so ago, I used to call them Ultrasmurfs, but why, really, why? I dont know, cause there is really nothing wrong with them... They have good fluff, their colors are quite good, and they have very good organization cause of the Codex Astartes, so I actually enjoy seeing them in the movie!
"False promises", he says. Wait a second, if memory serves then EVERY special character in our Codex is at least TEN THOUSAND years old, they KICK ASS (dare say that Kharn sucks and I'll brake your back World Eater style), and they happen to make the High Lords of Terra shit themselves on a daily basis. So I think those promises were kinda true, don't you think? "Eternal damnation" he says... well, if this means that if I do my shit right (which is kinda hard not to do if you're a 10K old veteran CSM) then I'll be a Daemon of some rank (most likely a Herald of my chosen god, or, in the case of Undivided, a regular Daemon), maybe even a Daemon Prince, which means immortality and employment 24/7, then "eternal damnation" is much more fun than you'd think. :p Oh and lol at Emperor's Flashlight... :laugh:

Take it easy, dude. :)

21 - 40 of 191 Posts