Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this list is for Annihilation and im not sure what im facing against. im trying to go for fire power. i have to use two HQs

chapter master: vanilla
Tactical squad: M/ML
Rino: extra armour

Tactical squad: meltabombs/FL/ML
Razorback: extra armour

Tactical squad:meltabombs/FL/ML
Rhino: extra armour

Chaplain:vanilla
Terminator Assault Squad:3 thunderhamers/2 lightning claws
Landraider crusader: hurricane bolters/twin-linked assault cannon/MM

Predator: auto cannon/twinLascannon sponsons

Dreadnought: cc/mm
drop pod

vindicator
vindicator

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id drop the EA from the rhinos (possibly the razorback also) to get a DP for the iron clad

id also nominate a normal dread with a MM & if you access (codex isnt nearby atm) to hunter killer missiles to it...at worst an auto cannon & shoot at tanks in his deployment zone

·
Registered
220 Posts
i feel that ea is important for my apc vehicles, where they are no good if they aren't moving. i agree that the ironclad needs a droppod, a mm dread would benefit from a droppod as well, though the hk is one way to give it some temporary range.

you could drop the tllc from the pred and put them on the razorback. do you want your command squad shooting when it can? if so, you need them in a rhino and put that razorback with one of your tac squads. my other primary concern is how you'll fare vs. a heavily armed ranged opponents.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
captian: bolt gun/hellfire rounds 110pts
I would very much suggest getting him some close combat upgrades over the bolter. There is no point for you to be wasting his higher initiative, weapon skill, or number of attacks, especially with a bolter which would end up denying him an additional attack.

command squad: melta/plasma gun 140pts
Razorback: extra armour 55pts
I would personally suggest dropping these guys in place of another tactical squad or some scouts for a bit of support and home objective holding. The meltagun is nice, and if your taking more than one special weapon for this squad then I'd advice making them all the same (or if able to take in high enough numbers an evenish split.)

The plasmagun can be nice, but this squad wants to get in close in order to best make use of that meltagun and the captain. Shooting something like a plasmagun denies them the ability to charge, as well as running the risk of killing the shooter.

I'd say drop both the plasmagun and extra armour on the razorback and get the squad a second melta as well as some sort of close combat weapon; maybe a powerfist if you have the points or a lightning claw.

Tactical squad: flamer/ML 170pts
Rino: extra armour 55pts

Tactical squad: flamer/ML 170pts
Rino: extra armour 55pts
I don't know what else your giving your rhino, but for me a rhino with extra armour should not cost as much as a razorback with extra armour.

Having said that, if you are bringing any part of these squads closer to the enemy then there is a high chance of being charged, and even if it helps only a little, a weapon that denies armour saves in close combat is still better than one that does not.

I would suggest, depending on what loadouts you are set on, power weapons and meltabombs for flamer toting squads and a powerfist for meltagun ones.

Chaplain:vanilla 100pts
Interesting choice, though his lack of initiative has, in my experiences, proven to be a big hit. Still though, he is not bad for a cheap HQ especially given his buff to whatever squad he is with.

Terminator Assault Squad:3 thunderhamers/2 lightning claws 200pts
Not so keen on these guys myself; I get the point but when used in conjunction with the chaplain and land raider your looking at nearly a third of your points used up and forcing the rest of your army to suffer for it.

Landraider crusader: hurricane bolters/twin-linked assault cannon/MultiM/ExArmour 275pts
All in all I like this unit, though the extra armour seems especially unnecessary here. Keeping this thing moving is important, but still it should not be the easiest of times beating through armour fourteen.

Predator: duel lascannons/twinLascannon sponsons 165pts
I would suggest dropping the lascannon turret; for nearly the price of upgrading two razorbacks with twin linked lascannons of their own you give this thing one more lascannon shot. That honestly does not seem worth the price, three lascannon shots or no.

Though its not as effective at infantry killing as other units, an autocannon turret/lascannon sponson predator is still far more so than the triple las, and has more shots to do it with.

Ironclad dread: Hurricane bolters/CC with Melta gun 135pts
As has been said before, a drop pod for this guy is very much advised.

vindicator 115pts
vindicator 115pts
Interesting choice here, especially love that you have gone double vindies over single or triple. One never really seems like enough, and three is a tad overkill in addition to being unwieldy from what I have seen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a landraider, rhino, 2 scout units, landspeeder storm, 3 drop pods, whirlwind, 1dread, shooting terminators, 5 man tactical squad, assault squad, thunderfire cannon, chapter master. This is what I have left over that I could use or swap out for this list. Thanks for all the great advice!

·
Registered
720 Posts
The Thunderfire is really good. I love taking one in conjunction with scouts. I fortify a ruin with the techmarine and then place both the cannon and the scouts in it. grest for holding home objective!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I took out the command squad , I added a chapter master tactical squad another dread and drop pod. Is the assault terminaters and landraider a waste of points?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts