Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Uhmm what happened the last time we fought return? Oh yeah you lost like a VIRGIN!! Oh and please return that used cd. I miss it and would like to enjoy your screams again. :biggrin:

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
Spanner, you alive? *nudge*

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #144 (Edited)
Zzzzz....

*snort*

Sorry, what? Oh, yeh right. Umm... results.

*frantic searching*

Ah yes, here we are.

Round 2 Results!

Iron Angel vs CE5511

The Immortals appear to struggle to pierce the thick armour of the Riptide battlesuit, inflicting only 3 wounds across three turns (one of which was self-inflicted via Gets Hot). Meanwhile, despite overheating once and missing once, and despite Reanimation Protocols, the Ion Accelerator does its job in falsifying the truth behind the Immortals' name.

CE5511 moves on.

The Meddler vs CattleBruiser

It all started so promisingly for the Henchmen. Although the Daemonhosts rolled Warp Grasp, the Jokaero rolled Penetrating Ammunition, and as a result inflicted a total of nine wounds. However, 56 shoota rounds and 2 rokkits to the face later, and only the Flamer Acolyte is left standing. Like a true warrior he takes another ork with him.

CattleBruiser moves on.

Boc vs Warsmith7752

The opening volleys are fairly nasty for both sides, with the Noise Marines inflicting five wounds, and the Immortals inflicting four. However, Reanimation Protocols show their worth again as three of the felled rise once more, swinging the balance. Although neither the Doom Siren or Blast Master was taken down earlier, the Chaos Space Marines cannot compete and are flayed alive... though they probably enjoyed every moment of it.

Boc moves on.

Archon Dan vs Romero's Own

Ermagherd. I thought the previous round was bad. And now I get dual Immortal line-up. This one went on and on, with neither side managing to take any real advantage. In the end Archon Dan wins, mostly due to the additional Cryptek just swinging things slightly in his favour. For the record, this went on for in excess of 8 turns...

Archon Dan moves on.

Filler #2 vs MetalHandkerchief

So with what MH instructed me to do, the Commander uses his Airburst Fragmentation Projector and Cyclic Ion Blaster, but unfortunately rolls the rather useless "Through Unity, Devastation" for his Warlord Trait. The lack of damage output against MEQ shows through as even with his Neuroweb System Jammer, the Commander can only inflict two or so wounds each round. Despite not managing to wound the targeted Meltagunner via Precision Shots, both it and the Missile Launcher fail to hit and wound every round. Instead, it appears that Bolters are the bane of the Tau, as the Commander is gradually stripped of his wounds, and probably also his dignity.

Filler #2 moves on.

routine vs Karnax

The Leman Russ inflicts a massive nine wounds in the opening shell, but fails to get that all important meltagun. Fortunately for him, it misses. The second shell misses completely, rolling a 1 to hit, while the meltagun glances. The next turn, 5 more Guardsmen are slain, but again the meltagun eludes death, and returns fire with a cheeky stun. It then inflicts a second glance in the following turn, before being caught out by a third Demolisher Cannon Shell. With nothing left to scratch the AV14 plating, the remainder of the Guardsmen are quickly wiped out.

Karnax moves on.

Zodd vs Filler #4

A potentially nasty match-up for both sides here with the mean dakka of the Pred facing up against the multitude of S7 and S8 shots of the Lootaz. Fortunately for the Baal Predator, the Orks performs like Orks and only manage to glance it once before being turned to a smear of blood.

Zodd moves on.

LTKage vs High_Seraph

The first turn is dead even, with 6 wounds inflicted on both sides (though the Fire Dragons manage to take out one Missile Launcher). The second turn is also dead even, with 4 wounds inflicted each. Although the Exarch is taken down, one plucky Fire Dragon remains to claim the victory.

LTKage moves on (just).

Congratulations to all who moved on to the next round, and as ever commiserations to those who were knocked out. The next round matchups are posted below, and I should be able to get them done tomorrow. This leaves the Semi-finals and Finals for next weekend. Good luck to all! :)

CattleBruiser vs Archon Dan

Filler #2 vs routine

CE5511 vs Boc

Zodd vs LTKage

·
Registered
423 Posts
So by my count, the melta-gunner stripped 3 Hull points from the Leman Russ, is that right?

Edit: Because I just checked my BRB, and 3 Hull Points is all it has, which would mean the melta-dude Wrecked it with his 2 glances and 1 Stun

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Aye, that is indeed my bad. Not quite sure how I missed that - so routine is up against Filler #2 rather than Karnax.

·
Registered
423 Posts
3 Hull points isnt what you'd expect a Leman Russ to have, is it? Seems too few

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Don't blame Romero and I. You matched us Spanner.

Thrilled to be moving on but I would be happier facing the Baal Predator instead of all these Orks. Oh well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
hee hee hee. Archon. it's a veritable mob of boyz against some immortals. Spanner is going to have fun with all the dice rolling in our round.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Damn it spanner, you got my hopes up for nothing. :( Eh, good luck to you then routine. :victory:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Damnit LtKage I will has mah revenge!! but damn close match. Good luck in the rest of it.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
And so, the Quarter-final results:

CattleBruiser vs Archon Dan

The Necrons have a devastating first turn, inflicting a whole 11 wounds on the Orks, who inflict a respectable six in return. However, after losing so many of their number, the Orks find it difficult to keep killing sufficient Immortals to overcome the effects of Reanimation Protocols, and are eventually outlasted.

Archon Dan moves on.

Filler #2 vs routine

The Crusaders inflict a nasty 11 wounds on the Guardsmen, and kill both of the flamers. The Guard have a poor shooting phase, inflicting a meagre five wounds, mostly due to the failures of the flamers and autocannons to inflict any wounds whatsoever. Both sides continue to trade casualties for the next seven rounds, with it coming down to the three Autocannons facing off against the Missile Launcher and a Bolter. Unfortunately, repeating their consistently poor performance throughout the round, the Autocannons fail to do anything and are gunned down by the merciless Templars.

Filler #2 moves on. Can anyone stop it?

CE5511 vs Boc

Judging by CE5511's previous round, the odds are in his favour. And that does indeed appear to be the case, as he inflicts ten wounds with the Ion Accelerator in the first round. Fortunately for Boc, one of those casualties happens to be the Cryptek, meaning they all still get their Reanimation Protocols/Ever Living. So four manage to get back up, and despite the Riptide missing with the Accelerator, don't inflict any wounds. They are then finished off with another salvo.

CE5511 moves on.

Zodd vs LTKage

A very nasty matchup for both sides - this essentially came down to luck as to who would survive the other's firepower. Predictably, the Fire Dragons turn the Predator to slag instantly. However, would the Pred be able to shred all the Eldar for a re-match? Unfortunately not, as it inflicts a respectable seven wounds, which unfortunately is not enough.

LTKage moves on.

Once again congratulations to all who got through, and commiserations to those who didn't. As I mentioned before, Semi-finals and Finals will be done by this time next week. I'll get a new game thread up not long after that, so those who are knocked out already - fear not! Anyhow, these are the matchups for the Semi-finals:

CE5511 vs Filler #2

LTKage vs Archon Dan

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Hey mate, you've got me moving on despite the fact that I got wtf-face-raped by CE5511 :) Think it's supposed to be LTKage vs Archon Dan

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ousted by a Filler... I'm going to go curl up in a corner now. And maybe sob a little:(

Whats the next game going to be Spanner?

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Hey mate, you've got me moving on despite the fact that I got wtf-face-raped by CE5511 :) Think it's supposed to be LTKage vs Archon Dan
Yeh my bad once again... I really should try getting some sleep. :alcoholic:

Ousted by a Filler... I'm going to go curl up in a corner now. And maybe sob a little:(

Whats the next game going to be Spanner?
I haven't quite decided yet - there are a number of possibilities that I am considering.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ouch. Thanks for the beating LTKage :wink:
And thanks for running the game, Spanner :victory:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I second Zodd. Thank you Spanner. This has been lots of fun and I'm looking forward to the next game; while hoping I can keep winning here. Though I am a little confused by who my next opponent is.

Reactions: CE5511

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
Once more I am foiled by marines. Thanks for the fun :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I third what Zodd and Dan already said: Thanks for running another excellent game Spanner:clapping:, and good choices with those Fillers :grin:

Anyone want to place bets on the winner? The way CE5511 has been going, the only way I can see him losing is if LTKage gets through Archon Dan, and then fries CE with Melta fire in the first round of shooting

Edit: Also, I just realized that CE5511, if he wins here, will have 2 first place finishes and one second place in the last three UUGs...

So a tip of the hat to you, CE, for obviously knowing your stuff :king:

141 - 160 of 166 Posts