Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I want to go on some tourneys and represent there craftworld Ulthwe! Here is my list:

HQ:
Farseer Kiniat- spirit stone of an'bla-bla, runes of witnessing, spear (135)
Spiritseer Feir'Agal (70)
Warlock Dabu'Dai (35)
Warlock Dabu'Di (35)

Troops

10 guardians - shuriken cannon (105)
Wave serpent - SL, HF (135)

10 guardians - shuriken cannon (105)

5 dire avengers (65)

Elites:

5 wraithguards (160)
Wave serpent - Lance, HF (135)

5 wraithguards - d-scythes (210)
Wave serpent - Lance, HF (135)

Fast attack

9 warp spiders (171)

Heavy support:

Wraithknight Biringhael (240)

Total 2006

So here it is. Warlocks go with guardians, spiritseer with wraithguards, farseer goes with avengers... Do I have enough anti-tank and anti-mc and anti-air? Should I change something? I think I will sit with guardians on objectives, bringing some power with farseer and spiritseer. Also I will sent wraithknight to hunt as many tank or MCs as he can. Wraiths are a hammer of my army! They must bring chaos to everything...

So what you opinions guys? Will those foolish lesser races, ancient enemies and the powers of great enemy fear my fury? Or shall they just laugh at me? I ready to listen! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
to be honest this list doesn't look like a real ulthwe list, first of all way too many wraith stuff, spiritseer and too few warlocks/farseers (this from a fluff point of view).
Besides that you miss a unit that stands on the ground in wich to place your farseer (while embared he can't cast anything), also i find that the shuriken cannons are a waste on the guardian units, it's better to drop them and to give chin cannons to the waves (3 are simply the removal of the two guardian's ones), i'd only play the d-scythes wraith unit, and swap the second for a unit of dragons on wave.
A single wraithknight on 2k points will be an easy deal for the opponent, i'd get a second or drop it, maybe for a unit of guardians on wave.
i'd go with something like this:
Hq
farseer 100
farseer 100
warlock lance 40
warlock 35

Troops

20 guardians 2x bright lance 220
10 guardians 90
Wave serpent : holosshields,scatter laser, shuriken cannon 145
10 guardians 90
3 jetbikes 51
3 jetbikes 51

Elite

5 fire dragons 110
5 fire dragons 110

Heavy
3 war walkers SL BL 210
3 war walkers SL BL 210

totals 1992 points, it's guardian based and has enough AT and anti infantry to deal with most threats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.