Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently creating a fairly authentic (fluff accurate) Ulthwe eldar army that's about 1500 points so I obviously need lots of guardians and Farseers and maybe a squad of warlocks. Here is a list i`ve thrown together. I plan on play testing it but is there any thing you think I should add or change?

HQ
Eldrad Ulthran
=210
The Avatar of Khaine
=155

Troops
Guardians x11
Bright lance
=110
Guardians x10
Bright lance
=110
Guardians x10
Eldar missile launcher
=100
Guardians x10
Eldar missile launcher
=100
Dire avengers x9
Exarch
Bladestorm
2 shuriken catapults
=140

Heavy support
Fire prism
=115
Wraithlord
Bright lance
Eldar missile launcher
2 flamers
=155

Dedicated transport
Wave serpent
Eldar missile launchers
Star engines
Vectored engines
Shuriken cannon
=165

Elites
Howling banshees x6
Exarch
Mirror Swords
War shout
Acrobatic
=123

Total=1496 points

What can I add but remember this needs to be a Ulthwe army so minimum jet bikes and Wraith troops as I hope to eventually do an Iyanden army and maybe a jet bike army. I have everything to play the army apart from the last squad of Guardians plus I don't have every weapon that should be on the vehicles or Guardians.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I recommend maybe switching out the banshees for striking scorpions because I'm guessing your putting the banshees in the wave serpent which is pointless really imn sixth, instead make them scorpions and outflank them or let them run the table but as far as putting units made for combat in transport vehicle's that aren't assault vehicles is gone

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I am currently creating a fairly authentic (fluff accurate) Ulthwe eldar army that's about 1500 points so I obviously need lots of guardians and Farseers and maybe a squad of warlocks. Here is a list i`ve thrown together. I plan on play testing it but is there any thing you think I should add or change?

HQ
Eldrad Ulthran
=210
Excellent
The Avatar of Khaine
=155
Fits in with the theme. Remember to keep him forward so he can actually reach combat. Having your guardians conglomerated around him and 'Fearless' isn't always a good thing.

Troops
Guardians x11
Bright lance
=110
Swap this for an EML. Gives you flexibility and you're not sinking too many points into the weapon.

Guardians x10
Bright lance
=110
See above

Guardians x10
Eldar missile launcher
=100
Good.

Guardians x10
Eldar missile launcher
=100
Good.

Dire avengers x9
Exarch
Bladestorm
2 shuriken catapults
=140
Fine.

Heavy support
Fire prism
=115
Get an underslung Shuri-cannon

Wraithlord
Bright lance
Eldar missile launcher
2 flamers
=155
A good setup, but consider another prism.

Dedicated transport
Wave serpent
Eldar missile launchers
Star engines
Vectored engines
Shuriken cannon
=165
Ditch both the 'Engine' upgrades. Consider twin BLs as you get the re-roll to hit... makes BS3 tolerable.

Elites
Howling banshees x6
Exarch
Mirror Swords
War shout
Acrobatic
=123
Swap out for Scorpions. More reliable and since Power Swords have taken a nerf, high str and attacks from the scorpions are better against TEQ.

Total=1496 points

What can I add but remember this needs to be a Ulthwe army so minimum jet bikes and Wraith troops as I hope to eventually do an Iyanden army and maybe a jet bike army. I have everything to play the army apart from the last squad of Guardians plus I don't have every weapon that should be on the vehicles or Guardians.
As a side note, a couple of warlocks with Singing spears gives you some ranged anti-tank against Drop-pod dreads etc etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK first off thanks for the comments and i'll take everything into consideration.

I mainly put the avengers in the serpent but I have tried the banshees since you said it and they just got destroyed but thanks for the advice and I will add scorpions but don't have any yet but i`ll test them at my local club next time I am there.

The avatar is usually closely followed by Eldrad fortuning him and with iyanden I use the wraith guard as bait. If you think that's a bit crazy i'll explain erm say a squad of terminator charge the wraith guard I charge my Avatar in as he's usually close and the terminators points are wasted. In this list i use the banshees for that and it has really hacked off my opponent.

I probably should try to save points by getting rid off BL's but I might keep one just to scare some land raiders off or make my opponent wast shots killing that squad but I will defiantly get rid of one but if i do put BL's on the serpent i'll get rid of the other one.

Sadly I only have one Fire Prism so i'll have to proxy or just wait for now.

Thanks for the help please keep commenting it does help and that goes to anyone who sees my posts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here is my new list

Eldrad

Dire avengers x9
2 SC's
blade storm
defend
exarch
=155

Dire avengers x9
power weapon and shimmer shield
blade storm
defend
exarch
=165

guardians x10
Bright lance
=110

Fire prism
shuriken cannon
=125

Fire prism
shuriken cannon
=125

Wraithlord
Bright lance
Eldar missile launcher
2 flamers
=155

nightwing

nightwing

=1490

need a name for my fire prism squad and not fire storm just for fluff reasons and yes 2 squads of avengers but come on a craft world is virtually a small planet like say the moon rolled out so i'm sure they have 2 squads of avengers + i do still have guardians and for 2000 pts i do use a few squads

what can i spend 10 points on hmm?

the night wings are forge world units but from the looks of things soon the eldar will have a new codex according to what i'v seen and read we should have a new codex about halfway through the year unless something more important comes out (yeah right because tau are more important ten eldar. i have noting against the tau but eldar are just better

finally i should finally get my pics up for my other thread which got moved (sorry but the royal mail was taking its time) and so i'll make a new one or link it to the old one

p.s please please comment i cant get an awesome army without you guys guiding me (lol) and with your help i'll have the fortune of winning more than half my games (ok sorry that was just cheesy)

p.p.s please also cheack out my channel and same problem with the camera my new camera i use don't fit the wire so i'll have to use my crappy camera so plz subscribe to it and please comment on my list
http://www.youtube.com/user/EldarFanatic?feature=mhee

thx for reading if you got this far i commend you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts