Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i'd bet they dont go for the 20-0 system for next year, its got too many negatives and the only positives are its how we do it for warhammer

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It might have a lot of negatives, but sadly they might pick it simplicity. I think they want both the system for fantasy and 40k to be the same! So the 3-1-0 system completely buggers fantasy so, they'll change it for 40k too! I don't want to imply laziness but it looks like they want to tar everything with the same brush!

A sensible person would realise that fantasy and 40k are different games so can have different scoring systems!

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Registered
318 Posts
But, but we went to a discussion by Brian at the GT Final and he bluntly stated that the 20-1 system (with total VP) was in next year because it followed the rulebook Massacre/Major/Minor/Draw system.

What more do you want?

£10 that it is, :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jezlad said:
I'll bet you an automatic win if we ever meet at the GT :p
You practically get that anyway when Si's stood at the othe side of the table. :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Elric of Melnibone said:
I think one thing which would make a difference would be to increase the win margin to 300 points

There where very few draws at the GT and I think this would help spread the scoring a bit

8)
10% of the games were draws, that's exactly what I expected, and that's with only 5% of the possible points ranges being draws. I think upping the draw margin would be an horrific mistake.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
10% of the games were draws, that's exactly what I expected, and that's with only 5% of the possible points ranges being draws. I think upping the draw margin would be an horrific mistake.
Yeah i agree with that 100%

·
Registered
325 Posts
spikydavid said:
Agreed. The last thing we need is to make it harder for armies that mostly score minor wins.

It'll just motivate more people to take IW's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
LongBeard said:
Sorry for being confused but the GT system next year is the 20-0 system- so no betting unless you want to lose.
I'd be more than willing to offer some decent odd's If you fancy a bet Si?
:wink:
Brian Anderson said:
I can tell you that we won’t be using the 20-0 system as originally planned…
Get yer wallet out Si... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I have a question/thought. This year over 150 qualified to the finals, i played someone with a player number higher than that. However only around 133??? turned up. Could the Places for generalship not have remained the same? and the extra painting nominations have been granted as well? With 6 extra per event in theory 168 would qualify so hopefully around the full 150 make an appearance at the finals?

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.