Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I dont think a change to 2000pts would really make all that much difference. If anything it would probably pronouch those kind of lists that can "min/Max" even more.

how about the 3/1/0 system but just have TOTAL vps rather than vp diff determining the final placings. That way the guy on 5 wins that has hid and tried to do the min damage and win games will be Low on the 15pt so Everyone should be trying to get every vp possible. this should make games more bloody as both players really try to wipe each other out, whilst still securing the win.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
True SOME lists have maxed slots but have the maxed beard :) For example if we take edwins IW list as a typical IW list :wink: . The extra 500pts would probably go on an extra oblit in each squad. Another pred. Possession on each pred. One more Csm squad with Lascannon, infiltrate Tankhunter? or similar. and a couple of min bike squads for objective snatch.

Mechanised Eldar. Cool, and extra 2 Wave Serpents with Minimal occupants. Can now afford all brightlances rather than a mix.

BA : Bang on 2/3 extra speeders, and 2/3 more scout/Tactical squads. Take a libby or assault squad. And Masssive DC And More assault Cannons.

People wont suddenly think, well ive bearded my first 1500pts. How about i add a 10 man tactical squad with Hvy bolter, meltagun and a sergeant with stormbolter and powerweapon in a rhino, supported by some attackbikes.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
the rulebook doesn't actually have a points system, just a degree's of victory. the problem is the weighting of the various degrees. Are 6 minor victories better than 5 major ones?

personally i think the total vps is better than either system as it promotes people going for the big vps, wiping out there opponent, AND means the guys that win all there games will be top of the pack.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
basically i meant 3/1/0 system with total vps deciding final positions.
Basically a pretty similar system as is in place now, but with total vps rather than vp differential.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i'd bet they dont go for the 20-0 system for next year, its got too many negatives and the only positives are its how we do it for warhammer

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
10% of the games were draws, that's exactly what I expected, and that's with only 5% of the possible points ranges being draws. I think upping the draw margin would be an horrific mistake.
Yeah i agree with that 100%

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I have a question/thought. This year over 150 qualified to the finals, i played someone with a player number higher than that. However only around 133??? turned up. Could the Places for generalship not have remained the same? and the extra painting nominations have been granted as well? With 6 extra per event in theory 168 would qualify so hopefully around the full 150 make an appearance at the finals?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Yeah i suppose that makes sense. Is there any shake up in the way wildcards will be working in the future? Highest points that didn't qualify from the three heats? I would think it would be best to aim for the majority of places to be decided in advance though, as the longer after the event the more likely for people not to be able to attend the finals, and also i think it makes the whole process more transparent. I'm not sure why but there seems to be a large following who thinks that you guys are sitting there rubbing your hands and laughing like a bond villian as you put through people for all sorts of dishonest reasons rather than reward the deserving.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
agreed there, i sometimes think they use the roll a dice technique for answering the questions for the faq's as they can be pretty obscure and defy both logic and the rules as written.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.