Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this should be posted because;

A) I am waiting for post and I am very unhappy about it as I cannot finish anymore of my CSMs until stuff arrives in the post.
(Think of the worst, foulest language you can and MENTALLY apply it to my post.)

B) Just to let everybody know, don't expect any post til next Wednessday.

This is taken straight from the Royal Mail website for further details go to Royal Mail.com

" The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further strike action. Two 48-hour strikes are planned. The first will begin at lunchtime on Thursday 4th October and ends at lunchtime on Saturday 6th October. The second will begin in the early hours of Monday 8th October, ending in the early hours of Wednesday 10th October.

This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly strikes, starting week commencing October 15th, until the resolution of the dispute. "

The Buggers! Don't they know that I cannot take over the Galaxy without those mail order bits!

Vash

·
Registered
564 Posts
i don't think they care vash, after all, it is they who control it presently! think about it, everyone relies on them to deliver stuff. Hold us to ransom and they win!

but seriously, i am in the same boat. 2x Tzeentchi Dreadnoughts (and arms), a tide of Spawn and *ahem* a Necron Phalanx, all of which i was hoping would arrive on a day when my wife was at work, but you know this strike will ruin it for me now!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Oh yes tell me about it Iv'e started posting most of my stuff back to the UK and I can see it getting stuck half way along the line.
Knowing my luck, half my Cadians will be sunning it up at Ascension for the whole postal strike!
And I bet they put in for extra pay! :(

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'm waiting on His Last Command which should have arrived a while ago from Black Library but no luck as of yet. Even I'm feeling it. :(

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Must remember to tell my postie that he controls the galaxy, he'll laugh all the way to his second job that he has to take because the pay of the first one's so shit.

Still, he's liable to be made redundant soon, so that'll solve the problem.

:cyclops:

·
Registered
564 Posts
no seriously, they do rule the world! how many times have you needed something to get to you by monday and it turns up wednesday? how many times have you waited in for the post and you get a "We called but you were out" card timed 5 minutes after you leave or they leave the parcel with the one person on the street that works the nightshift?

and don't even get me started on them not accepting your cover note at car tax time because your broker issued it in blue pen or because your car is 3 door not 5 door!

this isn't bad luck on our part or pettiness on theirs! this is a calculated plot to ensure that the world doesn't run too smoothly and so they retain their evil hold over it!

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
I'm in a different country, but I feel your pain Drax. It has been many a time that even when I was home I'd find one of those 'we rang, but you weren't here' notes. I'm not even getting into packages arriving is what at best could be called a catastrophical state.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
no not all of my cadians are sunning them selfs up on the beach Ifound one hiding under my bed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts