Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your results here guys.

I came 12th including wins over jezlad and Fallen Angel in which the dice gods made me there Avatar incarnate :)

Had some great games, and all my opps were really good sports, no bitchiness or rules quibbling from any of my opps....even jez ;)

The last game against Fallen Angel was prob the most fun of the tournament for me, and I never thought for a minute that i would have been able to take on his Tau as its 4 skimmers made it difficult to get to grips with. We had some laughs, and good banter going throughout the game including slow mo dice rolling, for the slow and painful invulnerable saves, dice predictions for what was going to happen to tanks etc...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I finished in 103rd place. The only person I could beat was Bob, who came last! Really pleased and surprised at getting nominated for best army. Also pleased at the free drinks for winning the pub quiz 8)

No bad games (although I didn't really enjoy getting hammered by di Tomaso's IW. It was just so one sided.) just a lot of frustrating luck. Didn't get to choose a deployment zone all weekend :evil: .

Now I just need to learn how to climb stairs properly :oops: .

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came 3rd with the Eldar. Played 4 IW , space marines and Longbeards BA. Twas fun.
Well you really got a Run for the army. It certainly was the year of the Ironwarrior :)

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Managed 42nd.

The only forum members I played were EAZY E and Jigplums 3 wins 2 losses and a draw.

Chaos seem to be my bugbear. Lost to Jigplums Chaos, an Italian guys Iron Warriors and managed a Draw against Eazy E's IW.

Was a good weekend though I wish i'd bothered my ass and painted the las turrets!

Now I just need to learn how to climb stairs properly
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other highlight was beating the three Monolith Necrons. Probably the scariest list i'd played.

Shittest Moment - losing 3 Preds and 2 speeders in one turn against Jig's shooting before the cockthirster spanking. Well played Jig - i've never been owned so completely!

·
Registered
137 Posts
jigplums said:
The last game against Fallen Angel was prob the most fun of the tournament for me, and I never thought for a minute that i would have been able to take on his Tau as its 4 skimmers made it difficult to get to grips with. We had some laughs, and good banter going throughout the game including slow mo dice rolling, for the slow and painful invulnerable saves, dice predictions for what was going to happen to tanks etc...
Glad you enjoyed it mate.

To be honest, i'd just had a shit game, knew there was no chance of winning anything so decided, rather than hiding and making it shit for you, just charge you and have a laugh and try things out. Of course the fact it virtually all backfired on me doesnt matter, it was fun!! :lol:

I finished 37th in the end, a hell of a lot higher than i was expecting given my army list and my inexperience with it.

Oh and i beat Jezlad on the friday :p

·
Registered
333 Posts
jigplums said:
Well you really got a Run for the army. It certainly was the year of the Ironwarrior :)
Tell me about it, I spent all of Sunday on the top 6 tables and before game 6 it looked like a Health and Safety managers conference. There was only Dan with his marines, myself and an Italian nid player up there who didn't have them. :roll:
Its as I'd thought would happen, get rid of Ulthwe and Alaitoc and all the powergamers switch to IW. Hopefully the new chaos codex will come out before the heats and after the game designers have been at it with the gelding knife. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
anathema said:
jigplums said:
Its as I'd thought would happen, get rid of Ulthwe and Alaitoc and all the powergamers switch to IW. Hopefully the new chaos codex will come out before the heats and after the game designers have been at it with the gelding knife. :lol:
And then they will all switch to TAU ??

So what wil change ??

:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Do think that Chaos and Bloodangels are probably the only broken armies left. I suppose the thing is remove or change them, and the IMO Tau and spacemarines are the next in line and start to seem broken if compared to other armies that are competing. Looking at the top 10 though, there was a large variety that managed to do well. Iw Chaos, Marines, Eldar, Tau, Dark eldar, Tyranids all making the top 10 places. Surely this does proves that those armies, can't be That broken or we would see all the top places filled with them.

For me its not that these kinda lists are so much better than any others that is annoying but the fact that they are very easy, pick up and play, point and click armies that can do well even when played by a relatively new player. Its still a case of paper sissors stone though with every army having its achillies heel. For example I'd imagine Dan Fortnum managed 6 wins with his drop pod marines because there pretty difficult for IW to deal with, and there were lots of IW. He had an ideal army for the Metagame, and Play it very well.

·
Registered
966 Posts
well i came 26th with my Deathwatch Terminators (no nomination for best army for me though :(), for me it was truely the year of the Tau. Played 5 of them over the weekend, only other game was to the nids that came 6th (lost that big time due to horrendeous dice rolls).
Lots and lots of fun, good to see everyone there. Sorry if i didn't talk to anyone enough but i was all over the place with various things that weekend.
So which heat to go to now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can 14th for the 2nd year running :roll:

Very happy with that considering I had only won one game prior to the finals with my army :oops:

I played
Chaos - won
Tau - lost
9 obliterators, 2 speeded infiltrating HQs, he went first - Draw 8)
Eldar - Won
Eldar - Won
IWS - Won

I managed to keep off the top tables all weekend so avoided most of the really nasty armys

Overall a great weekend and not a bad opponent among my 6.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice one on the draw vs the 3rd army. Always good to face down a nemisis. Was that the seek and destroy mission as well? What kinda tau Did you have?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cheesiest list i faced was one of the several Lelith Hesperax lists that was floating around. 90pts for a special character, 2+ inv save and the ability to pick which wyche combat drug they'd get. 6 small wyche squads mounted in raiders, 3 got 12" charge (so 4 units that move 12" in raider, get out 2", fleet, then charge 12") and a hell of a lot of disintegrators mounted on the raiders and a ravager. Luckily it was escalation, he went first, moved 24" on, then i littered the centre of the terrain heavy table with crashed raiders thanks to SMS and deepstriking suits. Quite funny really. Also nearly beat Lelith and a big wyche squad in combat with broadsides. How i would have laughed if that had happened!!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine was the siren list but i didn't manage to beat it. Good friendly opp though. My lists nemisis was fallen angels tau, or so me and jez thought before the tournament. When i realised I had him in the last game i Thought, oh well, just do what you can and have a laugh. Never thought i'd have been able to pull of a win but its amazing what you can do when you avoid "flame on dice" :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did anybody take daemon/witch hunters? How did they do?
There were a couple of amries there but not very many. I faced a Daemon hunters force/guard and only managed a draw. Special Character DH guy killed my DP and Thirster and his invulnerable save were something to aspire to. Evesor made about 12 4+ inv saves that would have Instant killed him including lasting 3 rounds of combat with the bloodthirster, his Character made 4/4 inv to the DP and his termies had lascannon shots bouncing off for most of game.

Not sure if his list was actually guard with DH allies or the other way though as i can't see any results that match DH. I think it was Mark stevens who ended up 79th with Guard??? He had 2 x 4 GK termies + Special Character, 2 mystics and bodyguard, Inquistor, Evessor and lots of guardsmen/stormies

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.