Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I think I have finished my CSM force now and I'm pretty happy with it as it is. Time to move onto a new army. I'm sticking with a Tzeentch and Khorne theme and I'm completely new to daemons (I hope to pick up the codex sometime this week). Just using army builder and reading a few articles I've come up with the following 1500pt army.

Bloodthirster w/ Blessings of the Blood God 255pts

3 Bloodcrushers 120pts

11 Horrors with Bolt of Tzeentch 197pts

11 Horrors with Icon 212pts

12 Bloodletters 192pts

12 Bloodletters 192pts

5 Screamers 80pts

Daemon Prince w/ Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, MoT and Bolt of Tzeentch 250pts

1498pts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I included the screamers as they seemed like a decent anti-tank option but as you have said they are probably too fragile for effective tank hunting. I have made some changes to the list. I can't really squeeze in a single unit of flamers and still boost the blood crusher unit to a nice size so I have stuck with increasing the blood crusher unit. Let me know what you think of the new list.

Bloodthirster w/ Unholy Might & Blessings of the Blood God 275pts

6 Bloodcrushers 240pts

11 Horrors with Bolt of Tzeentch 197pts

11 Horrors with Icon 212pts

12 Bloodletters 192pts

12 Bloodletters 192pts

Daemon Prince w/ Iron Hide, Unholy Might, MoT and Bolt of Tzeentch 190pts

1498pts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, thanks for the tips.

I have now decided to show the following list which may seem a little odd but takes a lot of your suggestions to heart. Unfortunately I still can't seem to fit in the much touted flamers, although I have to admit I will certainly be giving them a try at some point in the future but maybe not in my first army.

I was very excited to hear from Skuzzle as you seem to be a top-notch player with Daemons. Consequently (and no offense to the other players on here) I have taken a lot of your advice on board. Any suggestions you have for the following list are definitely welcome.

Bloodthirster 250pts

5 Bloodcrushers with Fury of Khorne, Instrument and Icon 240pts

10 Horrors 170pts

10 Horrors 170pts

10 Horrors 170pts

5 Screamers 80pts

Daemon Prince with MoT, Bolt of Tzeentch and Daemonic Gaze 160pts

Daemon Prince with MoT and Iron Hide 135pts

Daemon Prince with MoK and Iron Hide 125pts

1500pts

All the Daemon Princes should be quite tough to kill (perhaps more so than Soulgrinders).

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for the advice. I'm going to try skcuzzle's list to begin with and add some flamers (swopping out something to give them a go).

I'll start purchasing some models and test the daemons' metal in the hot crucible of battle.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.