Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, I thought I'd share the mono-Tzeentch list I'm currently investing in. Normally I couldn't care less about what you all think of my list but a pair of fresh eyes taking a look never hurts right? :grin:

HQ:
Herald of Tzeentch
- Chariot
- We Are Legion
- Master of Sorcery
- Bolt of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch
- Chariot
- We Are Legion
- Master of Sorcery
- Bolt of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch
- Chariot
- We Are Legion
- Master of Sorcery
- Bolt of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch
- Chariot
- We Are Legion
- Master of Sorcery
- Bolt of Tzeentch

Elites:
3 Flamers of Tzeentch

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

Troops:
5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
- Bolt of Tzeentch
- The Changeling

- Bolt of Tzeentch

- Bolt of Tzeentch

- Bolt of Tzeentch

Fast Attack:
3 Screamers of Tzeentch

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Army Total: 1236

So that leaves me with 14 excess points. Tell me what you think.
I'm going to test it tomorrow using some proxies but suggestions are always welcome. Who knows, there might have been something I overlooked.
Hell, I might even throw up a battlerep just to let people know how it worked.

Over and out.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, since noone seems to find my list worth commenting on I thought I should.

So after a couple of games it seems to work perfectly fine. Scraped out two convincing victories against some even worse proxied smurfs. Despite the fact that I both games failed to have my Daemonic Assault work the way I wanted it to. Perhaps the dice was saving me from myself....hmmm. Anyway, will try to throw up a battlerep one of these days if laziness doesn't overcome my desire to brag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have more questions than a critique. How are you splitting up this list? What is your tactics when deep striking the Flamers? Are you using them as suicide squads, or holding them for when your opponent comes to kill your Heralds and Horrors? The list seems pretty solid to me. The 4+ saves are going to spoil you for non themed games though. :laugh: I especially like the use of four Heralds in smaller point games rather than two high point HQ's. Could another "shootie" army do well against this possibly?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, a new fresh face. Welcome to heresy dude. The more the merrier :)
Anyways, the Daemonic Assault split up of this list is fairly open-ended as there are many ways to do so depending on the opposing army, his list and whoever goes first. But "normally" most of the Horrors will go in the first wave along with 2 or 3 Heralds.
As flamers and screamers are rather fragile they tend to not work so well in the first wave. But it does happen sometimes that a flamer or and a screamer unit gets in the first wave (to make each half a little more alike) in those games where getting what you need first is critical. But I often prefer to just hit home with as much antitank as possible early on as a lot of armies find the initial impact crippling even if most of their infantry remain unharmed.

As for flamers, well I don't know how experienced you are, but you are probably aware that including a unit only capable of doing 1 thing is pretty fail. At least unless it will do it exceptionally well. As such I use my flamers for all sort of roles including those already mentioned. Only rarely do I use them as suicide bombs without a second thought because their jump infantry status combined with their low numbers makes them really useful in a lot of situations. Sometimes they just have to trade for something really annoying, sometimes they act as an ambusher/counterattacker/deterrent for my opponents by luring nearby my Horrors/heralds ready to scare off nearby squads. Sometimes they are great for contesting an objective (and fry whatever thinks the nearby cover does them any good) and sometimes they shut up a pesky tanks guns for a turn (or in the case i'm lucky they stun/immobilize is giving me the chance to blow it to smithereens with some screamers).

I love flamers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've thought long and hard about a tzeentch list but I'm just scared about them ending up in combat. How have you done with that respect? Ive considered doing a tzeentch/khorne list but havent really figured it out yet.

And yes flamers are your friend. I love my flamers they do sooooo much. Absolutely fantastic. The four heralds is very impressive as well I'm interested to know how well they have done?

·
Registered
320 Posts
very nice list. I do like the fact that everything is cheap. I can see the list running into problems with hordes but it seems fun

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've thought long and hard about a tzeentch list but I'm just scared about them ending up in combat. How have you done with that respect? Ive considered doing a tzeentch/khorne list but havent really figured it out yet.
With common sense and a casual, yet competitive minded, approach. Realisticly something will always be caught in CC you just have to be prepared for when it happens. Hell, i've tried to ram a chariot or 2 into CC to save some horros near an objective ftw. And it worked :p
Mono Tzeentch isn't really that hard to play you just have to make the right sacrifices at oppotune moments. Besides, daemons deployment rules makes mono Tzeentch pretty resistant to rush tactics. All you really have to get used to is a minor shift in your target priority tactics.

And yes flamers are your friend. I love my flamers they do sooooo much. Absolutely fantastic. The four heralds is very impressive as well I'm interested to know how well they have done?
4 Tzheralds are pretty brutal. Sure, you lack the allmighty smashyness of the GDs but the heralds are much more versatile. Their speed combined with their 5 wounds each, their almost guaranteed 4++ save and their quality shooting makes for some seriously annoying and reliable HQ's. I can only recommend to try the HQ setup out. And you haven't lived until you've charged 2 or 3 of them into a marine squad and smashed them courtesy of FC. That was funny.

Oh, and I'll gladly throw up a battlerep with the list if there's any interest. Didn't do it last time since the demand was non-existant and, well I was just too lazy. That seems to eternally be my own biggest flaw in all regards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd love to read that battle rep.

I'm also in the process of getting an army together, rather slowly though :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's a pretty decent list. I'm no fan of Screamers though. I'd rather get some Soul Grinders in there. You have lots of ways to kill armour with your Heralds, and plenty of great templates for dealing with horde thanks to your Flamers, but Grinders will give you a couple of units that you can get stuck in CC and still dish out some serious ranged hurt (ie Phlegm)! If your Tzeentch Daemons get caught by jump packed assualt squads it's all over. Or swamped under by orks or even guardsmen! The Grinders give you something to rally around if you're facing an extremely assualt oriented army.

Just an idea. Try things out and see how they work. :victory:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So true. There is only one problem with grinders. They are rather expensive and so there is no room to get thim in games below 1500. Otherwise they are very lovely my only aber dabei is that since they are always unmarked I'm unsure wether I want to include them in a mono Tzeentch army.

But I agree, if there's anything this army could use it would be grinders.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i really like the list and its almost the same as mine, but my plan was to use the daemon princes as they would be the only decent cc in the list.
I was planning on buying this army as iv got a tourney in 3 months but as its untested and could fail im thinking i may enter my CSM.

HQ:
Herald of Tzeentch x 3
Chariot
We Are Legion
Master of Sorcery
Bolt of Tzeentch
total Points: 330

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Daemon prince x 2
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Tzeentch
Daemonic Gaze
total points: 320

TROOPS:
8 Pink horrors
Changeling
Bolt

TROOPS
5 Pink horrors x 3
Bolt
total points:286

Elites
3 Flamers of Tzeentch x 3
total points:315

Fast Attack
3 Screamers of Tzeentch x 2
total points:96

TOTAL POINTS:1497

·
Registered
320 Posts
the only problem I really see is the lack of troops. especially since your squads are so small they will easily get taken out. drop the screamers and buff up the units of horrors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts