Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
hello this is my first thread
I have just started daemons(demons?) and this is my tzeentch list. please give your thoughts and changes that i should make.

Hq
Fateweaver oracle of tzeentch

The bluescribes

Herald of tzeentch,chariot,breath of chaos,
master of sorcery, bolt of tzeentch

Elites
5 Flamers of tzeentch
5 Flamers of tzeentch

Fast attack
3 screamers

Troops
10 pink horrors, the changeling
10 pink horrors, bolt of tzeentch

Heavy support
Daemon Prince
Daemonic flight, iron hide, unholy might, Mark of tzeentch, master of socery, souldevourer, daemonic gaze, breath of chaos

tactics
i am not sure how i will split my force, but the ary pretty much just shoots things. the herald and screamers are 4 - no, for. Please don't use numbers in the place of words. - Katie D popping tanks and the daemon prince for close combat potential. i am not sure on this list, what do you think. (1501 pts ?)

·
Registered
138 Posts
On Doesn't look bad i would do a few things differently such as
on your herald dump the chariot and just put him in a horror squad dump the breath and give him we are legion so u can shoot bolt at a tank or something and gaze another unit this tactic works great for me at least , jury is still out on blue scribes, sometimes i use them other times i use a herald cause its cheaper.

I would split the Flamers into 3 groups of 3, 3 breaths is enough to wreck most units i recomend also bringing them in as your reserve units icon them in front and breath at nearest unit.
I dont like screamers so i don't use them, but maybe you will have better luck with them.

Then unit with the changling toss a bolt into it, you can never have to many str 8 ap 1 shots

The daemon prince is a bit pricey and you don't need master of sorcery he can already shoot 2 shots for just being a monstrous creature, if you want toss a bolt on him, or replace him with a soul grinder, personally i run soul grinders their cheaper and meaner in my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The daemon prince is a bit pricey and you don't need master of sorcery he can already shoot 2 shots for just being a monstrous creature, if you want toss a bolt on him, or replace him with a soul grinder, personally i run soul grinders their cheaper and meaner in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking of putting a soul grinder and a cheaper daemon prince.
for the soul grinder which upgrade is best. phelgm or tounge?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always go with phlegm but thats because i fight necrons, and space marines alot, if u get 4 or 5 bolts in a 1500 point list u shouldn't need tongue because the bolts should get the job done.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The Fateweaver look good at first glance because of his gift to let units near him reroll failed saves. However, people will soon learn about him and kill him first. You may want to downgrade to the standard greater daemon HQ. He is a much better CC fighter for less points.

I would also drop one of the other HQs. You have too many points in HQs.

The flamers should be in groups of 3.

A soulgrinder would add a lot as a replacement for the expansive daemon.

Give the horrors with the changling an icon. Drop them first near the enemy. Odds are, people will either ignore them to go after your better units or not have enough power to kill the icon. Then you drop the flamers in next to them without scattering.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Hq
Fateweaver oracle of tzeentch
This guy's expensive, but can be worth it. Just watch out for psycannons.

The bluescribes
Another Herald would probably be better and would save you points. Consider making both your Heralds like this:

Herald of Tzeentch
- Daemonic Gaze
- Bolt of Tzeentch
- Master of Sorcery
- We are Legion
Pts: 95

Elites
5 Flamers of tzeentch
5 Flamers of tzeentch
These guys are really expensive. Consider taking just two units of 3 and dropping the other 4 altogether. This list is already low in numbers, so the 140 points you'd save from not taking the extra Flamers will almost give you another unit of Horrors.

Fast attack
3 screamers
Can be handy for anti-tank.

Troops
10 pink horrors, the changeling
An Icon would really help.

10 pink horrors, bolt of tzeentch
As above.

Heavy support
Daemon Prince
Daemonic flight, iron hide, unholy might, Mark of tzeentch, master of socery, souldevourer, daemonic gaze, breath of chaos
This guy is mega expensive and probably won't pull his weight. I suggest that you either ditch him completely or seriously cut down on his upgrades.

Daemon Prince
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Unholy Might
- Iron Hide
- Daemonic Gaze
Pts: 175

He'll still have some shooting ability and can support your vulnerable units in combat.

Overall the list looks okay though I'm concerned that you'll be cut to ribbons if anyone gets into close combat with you. Such is the price one plays for playing a pure Tzeentch list, I suppose.

Best of luck!

Katie D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd replace the deamon prince, with a soul grinder (cheaper and more effective), and spread your flamers out over 3 choices instead of 2, (3 flamers is more than enough to kill whatever they land on, and there is no disadvantage for small units in a deamons army because they are fearless, in fact it benefits you greatly cause it gives you more options and forces your opponent to split their fire more).

ditch the bluscribes for something cheaper and take more horrors, you'll need them, especially in 5th edition rules.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts