Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
1)Ahriman can use three psychic shooting abilities in one phase they just all have to be targeted at the same unit and they all have to be different.(However, you can use gift of chaos 3 times a turn as it is not a psychic shooting attack which is enough to turn a space marine into a spawn)

2)for the Daemon Prince go for MoT and warptime and no other powers as this will just push his points up. Maybe go BoC if you're lacking in the anti tank department with warptime to reroll to hit. Remeber that he can use two psychic shooting abilities as he is an MC.

3)drop the termies and take some melta chosen instead as this is cheaper and outflank is safer than DS aswell as their guns arn't one-shot

4)take havoc launchers on the rhinos as this will help thin out hoardes.

5)you might like to put a chaos lord with MoT and daemon weapon with your squads of TS to give them some holding ability in assualt and he can add to the number of AP3 shots.

6)for heavy support i'd go for obliterators as they match the pace of the rest of your army and add valuable anti tank.

7)you said that you wanted to keep CC to a minimum but the sad truth is that you will need to have at least counter assault measures as TS are expensive and you will easily lose the entire 300+points squad in one assault phase. Maybe you'll be interested in possessed with the MoT as they then become TS that are 'good' in assault depending on what you roll. I think that there is a thread going round at the moment on how to use possessed.

8)you might like to get hold of some lesser daemons as you could DS them in front of the squads that are about to be assaulted as a speed bump unit and at least give you another turn shooting as the enemy consolidate with your rubrics.

9) i do think that you'll need vindis because even though TS shred infantry of all kinds they just don't have enough shots to do the damage required toa large squad of orks or nids before they hit.

LOL nine points:p

· Registered
390 Posts
Actually in the csm codex it says that models with the MoT can attempt to use two pschic powers a turn. so the prince can use two shooting powers.

Where does it say that ahriman can use the same psychic power?

In the BRB it says that if a psyker can use more than one psychic shooting power in a turn they all have to be at the same target and have to be different.

With the oblits tzeentch loves mutations and they fit in with any warband as they sell their services to any chaos lord.

I still think that the vindis will be use full because they do massive damage to hoars and rhinoes are quite easy to knock a gun off.

I you don't want the vindis go for heavy bolter havocs for quantity of shots as 3 units with for pimp out 36 shots a turn =24 hits> 12 orks dead and each squad only costs 135pts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.