Daemon Prince-165
-Mark of Tzeench
-Breath of Chaos
-Iron Hide
Daemon Prince-165
-Mark of Tzeench
-Breath of Chaos
-Iron Hide

Pondering dropping some pink horrors for more upgrades on the Daemon princes. including Unholy might and possibly daemonic flight. :ireful2:

Demonic Assault Groups
Group A:3xFlamers, 3xDaemon Princes, Changleings group.
Group B:5xPink Horrors, 2xHeralds of Tzeench

:biggrin:

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yeah, looks decent enough, though I would agree about dropping some horrors- I suggest units of 6 with bolt (works well for me), gives you enough firepower to do a decent amount of damage and gives you all the anti-tank pinging shots you need.

Breathe on DPs is next to useless unless you have wings or use them like flamers and DS suidially close... but thats an incredibly expensive flamer. I would cut breathe and give them bolt (mebbe drop iron hide as well- 4++ is great and a lot of things targetting them will be AP2-3 anyway) and use them in support of the rest of your army.
If you follow those cuts then you'll have enough points for either a LoC or fateweaver... and fateweaver here would be awesome. Drop him in and then surround him with the 3 greater daemons and you have a small 'unit' that can take out most tanks that comes towords it and beat pretty much anything in CC... and is all but immune to damage. It would also allow you to drop the flamers near them without it being a watse- 4++ rerollable save with a 12" jump and a ~8" flamer template gives you a huge counterstrike range.... but if you were to do this I would take an icon to drop on. Best place is a herald (horrors should almost never have an icon) but if your willing to break the mono-tzeentch (I dont) then take some plaguebearers with one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
a question on your first prince, why have you given him master of sorcery yet you havent given him any ranged attacks?

Daemon Prince-165
-Mark of Tzeench
-Master of Sorcery
-Iron Hide

Princes are monstrous creatures so can use two ranged attacks anyway so no need for the master of sorcery.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HQ
Herald of Tzeench-110
-Chariot of Tzeench
-Breath of Chaos
-Master of Sorcery
-We are Legion
Herald of Tzeench-110
-Chariot of Tzeench
-Breath of Chaos
-Master of Sorcery
-We are Legion
While I always wanted the breath Tzheralds to be good you'll usually be better off giving them bolt since they are so poor in H2H. And since they have gaze they are perfectly fine at moving down marines.

Elites
Flamers of Tzeench- 105
Flamers of Tzeench- 105
Flamers of Tzeench- 105
No good mono Tzeentch list should leave without them.
Troops
(10)Pink Horrors of Tzeench-175
-Changeling
(10)Pink Horrors of Tzeench-170
Very expensive. Just make them 6 or 7 strong and give them all bolt and you should have a very versatile troop choice.

Heavy Support
Daemon Prince-165
-Mark of Tzeench
-Master of Sorcery
-Iron Hide
Daemon Prince-165
-Mark of Tzeench
-Breath of Chaos
-Iron Hide
Daemon Prince-165
-Mark of Tzeench
-Breath of Chaos
-Iron Hide
Uhhmmm...These guys aren't all that great. Breath is only good on flying princes and the one with Master is hopefully a mistake. The Hide could be skipped in favour of a more agressive approach (by that I mean more flamer friendly) so they would be more like a Doom Siren NM. Jump in, flame them, then beat them senseless in CC.

Pondering dropping some pink horrors for more upgrades on the Daemon princes. including Unholy might and possibly daemonic flight. :ireful2:

Demonic Assault Groups
Group A:3xFlamers, 3xDaemon Princes, Changleings group.
Group B:5xPink Horrors, 2xHeralds of Tzeench

:biggrin:
T/S have a good suggestion. Fateweaver! Normally I very much dislike the expensive SC's but in mono Tzeentch at this points level your dudes really need an edge and the big, blind Chicken Mcnugget could provide that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HQ
Lord of Change-260
-Master of Sorcery

Elites
Flamers of Tzeench- 105
Flamers of Tzeench- 105
Flamers of Tzeench- 105

Troops
(6)Pink Horrors of Tzeench-117
-Bolt Of Change
-Bolt Of Change
-Bolt Of Change
-Bolt Of Change
-Bolt Of Change
(6)Pink Horrors of Tzeench-147
-Bolt Of Change
-Changling
-Chaos Icon

Heavy Support
Daemon Prince-225
-Mark of Tzeench
-Wings
-Breath of Chaos
-Master of Sorcery
-Daemonic Gaze
Daemon Prince-225
-Mark of Tzeench
-Wings
-Breath of Chaos
-Master of Sorcery
-Daemonic Gaze
Daemon Prince-225
-Mark of Tzeench
-Wings
-Breath of Chaos
-Master of Sorcery
-Daemonic Gaze

·
Registered
77 Posts
Master of Sorcery isn't doing anything on the Princes, MCs can shoot 2 ranged weapons as is. I think this will be the same with the Lord of Change. I can't remember for sure off-hand but I'm pretty sure they don't come with more than two range weapons

Putting the icon on a group of 6 horrors is probably not going to work out too well. I feel like you'd almost be better dropping a unit of them for a herald and giving him the icon but even that is pretty iffy. At the very least I'd suggest having the Changling and the icon be in different units so that the enemy has to decide which is more dangerous

·
Registered
88 Posts
its the same with the lord of change. however if you beef him up (like i sometimes do for funsies) and spend 330 points you can have three shooty attacks aimed at different units if you prefer. My tau friend HATES him. He has become something of a mascot for destroying his army.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts