Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Tyrant guard modelled and painted with Lash whips.. I used a fair bit of green stuff and some bits from my box...

Normally I run just the two in my lists so I will finish painting the second and maybe take a break and do something else before painting the third..

Take a look anyways and see what you think...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Personally, I don't really think your Tyrant needs guarding. He looks like a mean bastard.

Relating to the painting, I think it looks ok. The paintjob is pretty crisp, and the greenstuffing looks fine.

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Sweet paint job, I like it. THe whips are very well done

·
Registered
131 Posts
They look awesome, but I really have to say that I love your Swarmlord

·
Registered
39 Posts
It looks really good! I wish i could paint Tyranids like that xD
How did you do the lines (highlights) on the carapace? Did you just paint lines or used another technique?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just painted them individually. They are actually less like lines and a little more like elongated triangles. But the fun part is that not painting them straight just makes the model look a little more "living"

The colours used incidentally are Mechrite Red, Blood Red and Macharius Solar Orange for the lines with black and battle grey for the darker part of the carapace. Its time consuming but I dont mind too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.