Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some of my Hormogaunts from the army ive been collecting since summer. Tell me what you think of the colour scheme. im going to post some more pics on here as soon as i can get a descent cam to do the bigger stuff justice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree they do resemble hive fleet behemoth. But you have done a great job so far.
What are you are you planning for the bases?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you know the 40k basing kit from GW i use that for most of the bigger creatures or the better models. mostly i paste on plastic model filler smoothing it in a fairly thin layer over the base, and then taking a stiff short hair brush and stippling it. This has the effect of not only giving it a brilliant texture, thats better than sand in my opinion, but also gives it ridges and dips,that look natural, and keep it 3D. I then base coat over that with chaos black. then paint on scorched brown, then dry brush bestial brown, then dry brush on a little snake bite leather. I touch any stones ive added with codex grey and then dry brush fortress grey, then dry brush skull white. Then i paint the edge of the base chaos black, and glue on some small patches of light green static grass.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While im thinking about it i might as well describe the way i painted the nids themselves. Their base coated white. then the flesh is painted red core. then given a wash of blood red, then highlighted and shaded with blazing orange then highlighted with fiery orange. This makes the skin really bright and rich with colour and also works well for making things like muscle bulges and the tendons stand out.

For the scale carapace i i painted scaly green, then working toward the back end of the scale, i gradiented in with goblin green, then scorpion green then sunburst yellow.

The mouth i painted black, the teeth i did bleached bone the tounge i did the underside liche purple the top i did enchanted blue. They claws i did with bleached bone, then around the flesh i washed in some snake bite leather, i then shadowed in the talons with some elf flesh.

The eyes i did simply chaos black then added one small spot of skull white in the corner, this gives them a really evil and alien look.

It a shame about my cam no being high enough resolution but as soon as i get a descent one, should be before the weekend i will post pictures of the hormagaunts, the termagants, the zoanthrope, and the warriors. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts