Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing a game on the weekend with my Tyranids and I've only just started playing them since the revised codex. I asked if Tranids still had Fearless if within synapse range. The answer was yes, but for some reason I was told that I still had to make a leadership test and remove a termagant for each point I failed by? At the time I thought it was a Tyranid adaption of the fearless rule but now I'm trying to find it and can't. Fearless seems to work as normal, ie they don't have to take a test if within 12" of a synapse creature. Can anyone think of a rule why I was told this? I was playing IG and being bombarded by some sort of template weapon, is there are IG rule that may account for this?
I had a great game so I don't really mind but just wanted to clear it up.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Um....no...there is no such rule. If you have Fearless, then you don't take Morale or Pinning tests. End of story.

The only time a Fearless unit takes wounds instead of a Morale check is if they lost a Close Combat, in which case they take wounds equal to the number they lost the combat by. I don't see 'Nids losing a CC to guardsmen, so it sounds like he was pulling your leg.

Your opponent might have been getting the No Retreat rule mixed up, but as i said it only applies in CC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"... wounds equal to the number of wounds I lost the combat by" I think that must have been it. The Termagants were in assault with some IG assault squad and the gaunts had been reduced reduced to 10 in shooting so I did loose the combat. The game was going that fast that I couldn't remember the reason.

Thanks + rep for you both!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fearless unit takes wounds instead of a Morale check is if they lost a Close Combat
sorry to bring this old thread up again, but could someone please tell me the page of the BRB that mentions this. I can't for the life of me find it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts