Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Tyranid Swarm by Awaken Realms

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Awaken Realms 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Today we have a small part of a big army to show you! When you look at the photos you’ll see numerous little space bugs (indeed, a mass of them), but it’s only a small tendril of the whole Tyranid Swarm we’re currently painting. Much more of the little ones are incoming, and the ground is shaking with the footsteps of the bigger ones that are incoming…

Ever played Tower Defense games? Think of this part as the first wave of critters incoming – and there will be more and more of them, with bigger ones and biggest ones as well – so stay tuned and wait for more updates – there will be a handful of them – and see how the Hive Fleet is growing bigger and bigger!

The models were painted in our equivalent of tabletop quality – put quality-wise and pricing-wise below our Standard quality.

Also, you may see the pictures in ourgallery as well!

Make a bet – what will be coming next?:)

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

See less See more
#2 ·
Now that is delightful! :good:

#3 ·
Wow, a fantastic collection on masse!

I bet next there will be some warriors, venomthropes, zoanthropes and tervigons, amidst yet more gaunts.

How many models big is the actual order?

#7 ·
#8 ·
Wow that Tyrannocytes looks great a long with the rest of the never ending swarm. I am waiting to see what is next and then an entire group shot. Keep up the good work.

#11 ·
Thank you, Morfangdakka!

And the „boss” of the second wave.;) How do you like our approach to the bigger bugs in this scheme and quality of painting?

Our Gallery
Painting tutorials
I am not sure if this is finished or not. I like the shine on the shell but I think it would look better if you added the lighter blue highlights like you did on the Tyrannocytes shell that showed the separation of each plate. Also there is a dark blue accent you put on the front legs behind the talon that is not on the rear leg that makes the rear leg look mismatched and unfinished. I also like the green highlight you put on the front talon tip that I think would look great on the other talons as well as the small claw above the hoof on the rear leg. I like the way it is going especially the wet shiny look of the outer shell.

#15 ·
#16 ·
Hello,

It’s time for another update of the Swarm:) Today, the really big Tyranids are beginning to appear with heavy thumping of leathery wings in the air.

The colossal Harridan emerged from behing of the horizon, with his gaping maw, numerous gargoyles holding tightly to the underbelly and heavy, whipping tail. Visit our gallery as well to see him.

It’s not the end of the Swarm! More big bugs are still threatening the Imperial stronghold!

Our Gallery
Painting tutorials

#17 · (Edited)
Oooooo, me likey, alot.

So if the big bugs are starting to appear that mean we will get to see Heirodules, Dimachaeron, Malanthropes and the Heirophant Bio Titan? :biggrin: Yes im a Tyranid Spotter, if people can look at trains, then I can look at big bugs.

Oh and on a side note @Awaken Realms, you teased Ryza Ad Mech not long ago, please tell me thats happening soon.

#18 ·
Soon the Hive Mind shall send the big ones...

And as for Ryza, there is an info of some Mechanicum reinforcements approaching, but due to the Astronomicon disturbances the precise info about the Forge World of origin is uncertain. Probably will be known when the Ark Mechanicus will arrive the orbit.:)

#19 ·
Keep up the updates @Awaken Realms, I am really loving this army and this colour scheme! Are you able to to army shots showcasing the lot, or are you sending these out once they are done in installments?

#22 ·
Hello,

With one of the final waves, the hoardes of Raveners and Venomthropes amassed the Imperial defences, only to be followed by the mighty Hierophant Titan. He was such enormous beast that even the cybernetic eyes of pic-capturing servo-skulls failed to comprehend fully the creature (and had to catch some white background as well:) ). We call it “shrimp” in the studio, due to the characteristic curvature of it’s back (and of course, size):)

You may see the Hierophant in our gallery as well.

It’s not over yet! What will be next?

Our Gallery
Painting tutorials

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.