Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made this.

And my instinct is to use it as a counts as tyrannofex. It's mostly spare parts from kits I for one reason or another didn't utilize entirely. My main concern is would any of you object to this being fielded as a tyrannofex, assuming I obtain and mount it on the correct sized base?

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Looks like a T-Fex, and if anything it'll be easier to hit it than a "nornal" T-Fex as it has a higher profile... Wouldn't mind playing against it at all. In fact, I think it would be rather fun and fluffy to have your opponents compete over who gets to kill the beastie in epic combat first...

·
Registered
495 Posts
So trygon tail/body, tyrannofex head, fleshborer arms? Looks cool. I would, cause I assume you are gonna put it on a oval base, and my theory to conversions is if someone went to the trouble of making it then they should get to use it.

I've got a bunch of tyranids, but nothing exactly like this. I my have to change that.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a T-Fex, and if anything it'll be easier to hit it than a "nornal" T-Fex as it has a higher profile... Wouldn't mind playing against it at all. In fact, I think it would be rather fun and fluffy to have your opponents compete over who gets to kill the beastie in epic combat first...
So trygon tail/body, tyrannofex head, fleshborer arms? Looks cool. I would, cause I assume you are gonna put it on a oval base, and my theory to conversions is if someone went to the trouble of making it then they should get to use it.

I've got a bunch of tyranids, but nothing exactly like this. I my have to change that.
Thanks guys, now followup question; do you think it could also qualify for a trygon or is it too short? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Looks very nice! Why would anyone object to playing against that beauty?
Because it does not have exactly the same visual profile as the GW kit so is game-winningly broken against all armies?

Personally I would prefer to play against an army where all the rapid-adapting hyper-evolved killing machines were unique.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Because it does not have exactly the same visual profile as the GW kit so is game-winningly broken against all armies?
Ah, seems like a stupid reason to me, so long as it uses the same rules as the normal model I wouldn't really care. In my opinion armies like Chaos, Tyranids and Orks can't/shouldn't be uniform. From a fluff perspective they have no way of standardizing what's the same in each army.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts