Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's here at last!

[EDIT]

Mawloc can target enemy units with Terror from the Deep!!! OMG!
Tyrant Guard DO count as a Retinue!
Doom can't Leech units in vehicles!
Mycetic Spore drop pods can be moved out of the way by other models, e.g. if tank shocked!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm just going to post the link to the FAQ and Errata here, so no one has to actually try to find it amidst the poor design of GW's website.

·
Registered
328 Posts
er why doesnt the shadows in the warp affect psychers taking a test in vehicles??? surely is the prescence of the creature and not the completely unarmoured open topped truck that should make the difference???

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
er why doesnt the shadows in the warp affect psychers taking a test in vehicles??? surely is the prescence of the creature and not the completely unarmoured open topped truck that should make the difference???
It's just GW's way of punishing anyone that plays a non-mech army, like nids, because those that play mech-armies are The Holy Ones!

Also, am quite chuffed to have been the first to spot it... Although I probably wasn't :)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
That's the Uber-Stupid change on this one. Doom not kill inside vehicles=fair, it can still blow them up, and suck them dry next turn. Being inside a can stopping Shadow=Epic Fail! Only allowing one Hive Commander to outflank a unit=stoopid, but not unexpected. The major still unaddressed issue: Do they give bonus while offboard. It's odd that your IC's can't join podding troops. Everyone else's can....Ah well, doesn't affect my army much, other than the "No Cansucking Doom!" - which I expected.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Lictors are back to being somewhat more useful, with their +1 to Reserves stacking with the Hive Tyrant's.

sucks we can't send down empty Spores though...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I agree that the shadow in the warp ruling is ridiculous (apparently tanks are warp-proof)
The doom not affecting vehicles is fair, but the cover saves is a bit iffy for me, sure it might be fair and all, but it makes no freaking sense (as does the SITW ruling).
Rocks..... interfering with brain melting aura's since 2010....

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I agree that the shadow in the warp ruling is ridiculous (apparently tanks are warp-proof)
Agreed.

The doom not affecting vehicles is fair, but the cover saves is a bit iffy for me, sure it might be fair and all, but it makes no freaking sense (as does the SITW ruling)
I'd rather something be fair and not be fluffy than it be fluffy and horrifically imbalanced (i.e. the Doom Spirit Leeching people in vehicles).

·
Registered
596 Posts
Now I find it intersting that you can not take a Tyranid Prime in a Mycetic spore with a unit of Warriors now...
on page 2 it says that if a tyranid unit takes a Mycetic spore, can an independent character join the brood before deployment (and hence deep strike in with the brood) and the answer is No....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Grrrrrr...I still dont know what wins out of lash whips and banshee masks :(

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I recon thats a nice FAQ for the most part, some sensible answers (and an appropriate nerfing of the Doom)... but I just cant get behind no ICs in mycetics and worst of all assaulting spore mines. They are now the absolute most useless option to appear in any codex anywhere.

So spore mines start on the board, and dont move first... so a first turn tank shock or random shot destroys them all. Then even if they do survive for a few turns the enemy dont even need to bother shooting at them because he can just assault, mebbe lose 1 model, and then is still likely to take out most of the mines (as with their random movement they are likely to be quite close together... even if they didnt destroy each other when they first scattered).

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Mawloc can target enemy units with Terror from the Deep!!! OMG! -RAW
Tyrant Guard DO count as a Retinue! -RAW
Doom can't Leech units in vehicles!
Mycetic Spore drop pods can be moved out of the way by other models, e.g. if tank shocked! -RAW
The clarity of Leech and Shadow against transported models is great, but basically everything else was RAW :wink:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts