Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i understand how the chorus is supposed to work. all the phsycic screaming being cumulative and watching your enemy run away.is this a decent strategy. i like the idea because the zoans are great models. i'm just curious if anyone can help with some tactics for this. do you beat them in assault for the leadership tests or is it better for a big shooty army. i'm guessing a flyrant with twin linked devourers would be ideal. any thoughts about the whole chorus idea would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
well even though i play nids, i don't use this tatic but i guess you try and keep them all together and make them take any leadership test to try and make them run away....

·
Registered
112 Posts
From what I've seen, an army completely devoted to the choir is a little hit or miss. Yeah, you'll house anything that uses ld, but when you start hitting fearless units, like plague marines or 11 man ork boy squads, the main attraction of your list becomes useless. If you want to play this list, I'd make it a hybrid with another kind of 'nid list that you like.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Having used one I can tell you that that the chorus or choir works beautifully against anything that is not fearless. A side advantage is that if you can catch your opponent's psykers in the radius they're next to useless as well. However, if the army you are fighting is fearless, you've just wasted a large number of points to do nothing. Another disadvantage is that the choir is rather slow, 6 inches a turn.

Basically, it's a list that's great fun if you know what your opponent will be playing. Now if they change fearless to count as Ld 11 or revert to normal Ld versus things like this (which it should be, dammit. This is a psychic power, not the reason you sleep with a night light...) then it will become a viable option for normal play.

It really is a shame, because the floating alien fetuses do look really cool.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've been thinking. i think i'll run the chior behind a walking tyrant with some guard. give the tyrant dual twin linked devourers. all falls in the 18 inches needed for the choir.place that with an inflitrating broodlord and a bunch of stealers. how well can i hide 3 zoans behind the tyrant? tmc's block los but does the guard help at all?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The tyrant gets The Horror for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the chorus to get faster CC kills with genestealers. All u need is to win the combat, lower your opponents Ld roll (tyrant +3 Zoans=- 4 Ld). The I6 stealers will slash any fleenging oponents and then "sveeping advance" into the safty of CC with another enemy unit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts