Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current project, the biggest one I've ever made.
http://hellric.over-blog.com/article-4491488.html
http://hellric.over-blog.com/article-4553584.html
http://hellric.over-blog.com/article-4684575.html

Currently in painting, that's hell of a job due to insane amount of details. Anyway, wings, skin and backplates are done. Now working on all bony parts. Scheme will be classical tyranid, red/orange/rown skin, snakebite leather/bubonic brown/bleached bone for chitin. Wings will be translucent and backplates optional (won't glue them, so I can remove them at will).
Let me know what you think !

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
the third link doesn't appear to be working. I like the way its developing, its amazing the difference those plates make down the legs already. Also much prefer your crushing claws to the fex chunky ones

·
Banned
801 Posts
Only probelm is, is this a Queen or a Norn Queen? If the latter, then you've got it in Epic scale, but you're going to need to represent the fact that somehow it produces squillions of baby Tyranids a day.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a queen, or a super tyrant if you prefer, no norn queen here. I don't like the idea of a queen stuck in the vessel and never seeing the battlefield.

Do you want to to know more ? Then check my post in the fluff section ;)

·
Banned
801 Posts
Hey, Norn Queens would see battle, if they get attacked. It must be awfully depressing for the raiding parties on Tyranid Hive Ships to go so far only to find that the thing they've been sent to destroy is bigger than an Emperor-class titan. In any case, if something survived a Hive Ship crashing into a planet, it'd be the Queen. Now tat could be the focus of a great campaign.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uberschveinen said:
Hey, Norn Queens would see battle, if they get attacked. It must be awfully depressing for the raiding parties on Tyranid Hive Ships to go so far only to find that the thing they've been sent to destroy is bigger than an Emperor-class titan. In any case, if something survived a Hive Ship crashing into a planet, it'd be the Queen. Now tat could be the focus of a great campaign.
That would be an excellent idea... I might think of trying to make a norn queen later (for Epic of course ;) )

·
Banned
801 Posts
You wouldn't need an Epic-sized queen for scale reasons. You could get a 3:4-scale Alien Queen from any huge movie prop shop, give it a bonier skullplate, and there you go. Though, admittedly, it'd have to be a gym-hall-sized game.

·
Registered
383 Posts
uberschveinen said:
Ooo the imagery this conjures up. If only they would give $100 million to someone like Ridley Scott or Tim Burton to direct something like that.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
that looks awesome dude reminds me of the Alien queen from alien versus preadator

·
Registered
383 Posts
Really gorgeous dude. It's clear a lot of thought has been put into its construction and the paint job is superb.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FrozenOrb said:
Really gorgeous dude. It's clear a lot of thought has been put into its construction and the paint job is superb.
Hell yeah, some nights I woke up, my mind boiling with ideas and questions about this creature :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts