Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Hmm im not sure the list is qutie balanced. Its looks like you want to get a load of gaunts in, have a very strong synapse control and also have some long range shooty in there. I think its a good idea but i think you have a bit too much synapse.

I remember reading once on a tau forum when their new codex came out about markerlights and how you could take so many of them and then end up having no real guns to fire using the makerlight hits. I think that that analogy is also true here in the form of the synapse. Only your troop section really needs covering (Ld 10 on everything else i think should do fine), and there isn't really that much of a troop selection to really need that much covering.

3 seperates zoes and two squads of warriors should do the trick really, giving you more points to put into getting more gaunts, preferably hormagaunts. Ok, so escalation does them no favours but in gamma missions you need something to hit home early on. Maybe drop a unit of borergaunts (i assume they're termagants) for that.

I'd also maybe drop the carapace off the warriors. I think it would be worth dropping that and geting another warrior wtih the points saved bearing in mind the pre-ponderance of ranged ap4 weaponary over short ranged ap5 weaponary at a GT. Ok so the odd rhino might disembark in front of you and rapid fire you with bolters but you'd have probably shot that before anyway.

I think the idea looks good in paper, im been trying to convince Skcuzz to take some gunfexes for a long long time...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.