Tervigon (160 pts)
-Cluster Spines (free)
-Regeneration
-Catalyst

Just a concept, any ideas?

·
Registered
495 Posts
First off, welcome to heresy. And tyranids if you are new to them.

First - the swarmlord. He is really good, but too points intensive and slow for 1k. Save him until 1.5, or optimally even 2 in my opinion and give him a few tyrant guard. He will dominate the game but also your points - and he can only really make them back in CC.

The doom - great way to run a great model. Looking good here.

Zoan - I would say zoans, like most elites, are best in squads of 2. Maybe 2 units of 2, which is probably too much for 1k.

I have 2 things to say about troops. The first is you picked good units. The seind is I perfer my termagants in bigger squads, usually 20, maybe drop the zoan to get one there.

Also, the tervs are nice, catalyst is a power they wil cast every turn. But I would drop regen and get adrenal glands and toxin sacs. It will give your terms so much more hitting power.

So good list, but I would say change the tervgion loadout and drop the zoan to get a tyrant guard or more termagants. Or drop swarmy for a flyrant.

Also, I think there should be my as of yet 3/5s complete nid tactica in my sig. Perhaps peruse it if ou have time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, do you think it's worth it to put wings on the hive tyrant at 1k? Or should I just keep him base and give him a few other bio-upgrades?

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you don't put wings on him it is probably better to stick with the swarmlord. A flyrant with 2 devs is 260, almost as much as swarmlord, but is much faster, has great shooting prowess and is a source of anti-flier.

If you keep him on foot, give him a bonesword/lashwhip, scything talons, the armoured shell and a tyrant guard for some LOS! shenanigans, but like swarmy he will only have presence in CC. Flyrants are better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to re-work this list and post the new one, used to play eldar, just starting up nids cause I love them. wanna know what I should aim for buying first, so trying to get a good list set up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Tyrants, Tervigons and Trygons are our best MCs right now. Also happen to have the best plastic kits.

Termagants are a good troop choice, as are hormogaunts - but not at good as terms.

Hive guard are just amazing for demeching as well.

Those are some of the best choices, but I don't have time to get more in depth here - sorry. I don't know if I linked it in yet, but I rated all of the fast attack, hq, and troops choices (as well as reviewing them) here: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118886

Working on heavy support now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok, new 1000 point list:
1000 pts
HQ (285 pts)
Hive Tyrant (170 pts)
-Stranglethorn Cannon
-Regeneration
-Toxic Miasma