Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building my version of a 1500pt. choppa trukk army and have a couple of questions. I want to have a list that is more on the fun side rather than competitive, so please refrain from making list changing suggestions and instead please focus on the two questions I have.

Here’s where I’m at:
4 Trukks w/ 11 Choppa Boyz + Nob w/ PK & BP
16 Lootas (2 groups of 8 each)
6 Deffkopters (3 groups of 2 each)
Warboss w/ Cyborg, PK, BP

As it stands I have 302 points left. Now I want to have a group of Nobz(w/ PB, and other goodies) in my list for the hammer factor and at first I was planning on putting them in a Battle wagon w/ Deffrolla, but, putting aside the flaw of having of having a lone BW, this just didn’t seam to fit well with what I wanted from this list. So now I’m thinking of giving the Warboss a Bike and adding a group of Nob Bikers. With the points I have right now I can have 3 bikers + 1 Pain Boy Biker all with Cyborg and then 1 PK + 5pts to give one of the remaining nobz another item for wound allocation abuse. So here’s my question(s) about this: 1) This would make 5 bikers in total(Warboss, Pain Boy , and 3 Nobz), is that enough? 2) This group would have 2 PK (Warboss and 1 Nob), is that enough? 3) Giving then Cyborg is good right? Or should I drop it for an extra PK? And 4) This units would cost 400 pts.(including Warboss) that’s 1/4 of total point allocation, does that put me in “Single Rock Flaw” territory?

And as for the question about Grots: this list lacks any kind of home objective baby sitting unit, so I’d like to add a very cheap one such as 19 Grots + a Handler, I would drop two Deffkopters to free up the point requirements(assuming the above biker squad gets approval.) The Grots could also server a secondary role by standing in front of my Lootas to provide a (very weak) melee screen. Is this a good idea?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i think that 3 nobs a painboy and a warboss in one squad is enough.

while cybork body is a good idea for such a small unit you already get 4+ cover (from the bike) So i would say yes get the cybork body for a small unit but skip it for a bigger unit.

Also You should think about giving your warboss an attack squig. Because who doesnt want a 5 (6 on the charge) attack monster!

I like the idea of putting grots in front of the lootas because it will let them get that extra shot off. Even if the grots die in 1 turn of combat the lootas might do more damage in that one turn.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ok, firstly... do the grots thing (kopters are useful and fun, but 4 is as fun as 6)

As to your bikers. they need cybork, they need a painboy so put that to rest.
They also need a bosspole (which is what you do for the wound allocation trick and your 5 points)

If you can fit 2 PK's in the squad (and 1 on the warboss) all the better, because the warboss can be directly targeted and may not get off any PK hits. But 1 is fine in a small squad

Use them to secondary charge with your trukk boyz and they will work a treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts