Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing my other thread and doing some thinking I have a new list I want input on. I usually run a single LR in my Vulkan lists and it seems that every game boils down to my terms in the LR getting to where they need to be....they win the battle or the LR gets blown up early and I am behind...so is two LR viable at 2k points?

HQ
Vulkan

Librarian - Avenger and Null Zone

Both HQs go in the regular Land Raider

Elite

5 Terminators - TH/SS
Land Raider

5 Terminators - 3 TH/SS, 2 LC
Land Raider Redeemer - MM

Troop

10 Tacticals
Flamer, ML
Combimelta
Rhino

10 Tacticals
Flamer, ML
Combimelta
Rhino

Fast

2x Land Speeders
MM/HF

2x Land Speeders
MM/HF

2x Attack Bikes
MM

Thoughts?

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I really only think its good for clubbing baby seals and would do very pooryly against a balance list... but given that you want to put 900 points into your termies + ride... there really isn't a lot left...

Vulcan
2 x Termie Assault Squads in LR Redeemer w MM
3 x 5 Tac squad in Razorback with TL Las
3 X Speeders with HF / MM
1 X Autolas Prdator
1 X Dakka Pred

Again I don't think this is really competative, but it might be fun... Bottom line is that Termies are hard to run in a balanced list cause of their cost

Looking at your list above... you absolutly nothing to prevent your opponent shooting everything at your raiders turn 1. And all of your support elements can drop to bolter fire.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i would want more fire support and not choose two land raiders. i think to run a vindicator with two autolas preds for drawing fire away from the land raider or get some pot shots in while the land raider soaks up some fire. id also drop the libby and put the 100 pts toward something that will aid the land raiders progress. (ie. the aforementioned heavies)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts