Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any special rules that accompany Two-Handed weapons? Are they the same as a single handed weapon except they require both hands? do they affect strength or initiative? I have poured through the rule book and threads and havent been able to find anything, maybe that is because this is a stupid question and the answer is; no, there are no other rules. I just want to make sure i correcly informed before I spend nearly 300 points for 5 sanguinary guard.

·
Registered
825 Posts
in 40k the only rule (that I can think of) for 2handed weapons, is simply that they require two hands, so you can't claim +1 attack for extra wepon, or use a storm shield etc with them.

No initiative modifiers, no strength modifiers simply for being 2handed, all those rules are included individually per weapon

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Any bonuses conferred will be detailed in the weapon's description. There are no blanket rules for "two-handed weapons" in 40K other than the inability to gain the bonus attack for 2 weapons.

Sanguinary Guard only count as having Master Crafted power weapons and may not gain the attack for 2 CCWs. Sucks, I know. I still like to use them though!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ive noticed in previous codexes their were great weapons that required 2 hands to use because they were bigger and heavier. since the swing was more powerfull it added +1 to user strength. now i havent seen anything like this in the new codexes, i referenced (page 16) in the Chaos Space Marine 3rd Edition codex which incase you didnt know that was the previous codex before the new one. were not updated to 5th

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
since the swing was more powerfull it added +1 to user strength. now i havent seen anything like this in the new codexes
Other codices I'm not familiar with, but the Tau Codex has an Honour Blade, which increases the Ethereal's Strength by 1 or 2, and Orks have Big Choppas, which give them +2 to their Strength.

·
Registered
468 Posts
in 40k the only rule (that I can think of) for 2handed weapons, is simply that they require two hands, so you can't claim +1 attack for extra wepon, or use a storm shield etc with them.
Storm Shields don't need a hand to use.

Space magic, or something.

·
Registered
854 Posts
or, it straps on you wrist and lets you use the second hand to swing when necessary. 2-handed weapons generally have special rules by the codex. In general, although its not very clear, the only rule is that they never allow you to claim the +1 attack for 2 CCW's.

·
Registered
324 Posts
the one hand / two hand thing is a leftover from previous editions. Back then each model had a certain number of hands (generally 2) and that had to be taken into account when you bought wargear for them. This is why, for example, old Space Wolves had the 'True Grit' ability, allowing them to use the normally 2 handed bolter with one hand. In 5th edition the hands have been removed, and models can buy any amount of wargear (subject to other rules ofc). Again using space wolves as an example, the basic Grey Hunter has a bolt pistol, CCW, and a bolter. Models are assumed to put weapons away when they're not using them and so on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts