Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,976 Posts
Page 42, filed under "fighting with two single handed weapons", second sentence. Yes that is all of it :victory:

There are no general benefits to a two handed weapon, though many special two handed weapons have their own bonuses (such as an Evisorator, 'Uge Choppa or Daemon Weapon).

· Registered
2,976 Posts
when did they change that? I remember at one time they weren't even called "two handed" they were called "great weapons" and they gave +1 to str. Did they remove that bonus from two handed weapons?
I don't think they've had a particular bonus since 2nd Ed (they might have had a mention in 3rd - my memory is a bit foggy), which had all sorts of funky weapon rules. Great Weapons still exist in Warhammer Fantasy, giving a strength bonus, but the same hasn't been true of 40k for a long time. As I mentioned above though, there are special bonuses for many types of two handed weapons, including more than a few which give strength bonuses, which is what you might have been thinking of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.