Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so torn on the issue of assigning special weapons to my CSM units. It is wise to load up on meltaguns, or should I stride toward diversity? If the latter, what would be Heresy's suggestions?

In regards to Terminators, I don't know if I should roll with Termicide squads, or should I give them Dual LC and slam them into a LR. Any suggestions/comments in regards to this?

I would appreciate all help anyone can give me. I am finishing off the framework of my army at the end of this month. I just want to be ready.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Tho i don't play CSM i do play normal Marines so i sort of know what is involved.
I personaly prefure having a unit for each job but my main army is Eldar so some of there tactics may have rubbed of on me some what.

The may i look at it with my normal marines is this;
Take a unit that excels in combat, range, anti-horde or Anti-tank taking any and all weapons i cna to make the msot of it. EG. Taking a Meltagun, Multi-melta and Combi-melta for an anti-tank unit.

Make all my untis the same so they can deal with anything but not as well as a focused unit such as taking a Plasmagun and Missile launcher for example.

Take the cheap stuff and hope that it works such as flamers and Missiles

Or as you suggested, taking weapons at all. I may noit know the CSM codex(tho it is the next one i'm getting) but going back to normal marines that sometimes i opt out of taking some weapons. I will sometimes tka ea Lascannon marine squad but because they are far back a flamer is of little use but it is also free so often i chose to forget it and carry on without it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts