Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1500pts doubles league coming up soon and need to sort out my list asap.

Our partners are drawn randomly at the start so dont know what army ill be with.

heres two different lists ive come up with for c&c

LIST A

Lords
Slann, BSB
X2 Ancient Disciplines - Focused Rumination and Focus of Mystery (Life)

Lords = 350pts

Hero’s
Saurus Scar Veteran, Burning Blade of Chotec, Dragon Helm, Iron Curse Icon, Light Armour, Shield

Hero‘s = 128pts

Core
29 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard (6x5)
10 Skirmish Skinks (5x2)

Core = 436pts

Special
20 Temple Guard, Champion, Standard & Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame (6x4)
X6 Chameleon Skinks (4x2)
Special Total = 437pts

Rare
x2 Salamander (x2 Single Salamander Units)

Rare Total = 150pts

Main Total – 1501pts

LIST B

Hero’s
Saurus Scar Veteran, Burning Blade of Chotec, Dragon Helm, Iron Curse Icon, Light Armour, Shield
Skink Priest Lvl 1/ Dispel Scroll/ Talisman of Endurance

Hero‘s = 248pts

Core
30 Saurus with spears, Musician & Standard & Champion (6x5)
29 Saurus with spears, Musician and Standard (6x5)
10 Skirmish Skinks (5x2)
10 Skirmish Skinks (5x2)

Core = 896pts

Special

X8 Chameleon Skinks (4x2)
X8 Chameleon Skinks (4x2)
Special Total = 192pts

Rare
x2 Salamander, x2 Extra Handlers (x2 Single Salamander Units)

Rare Total = 160pts

Main Total – 1496pts

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Have to say I prefer list A, although I dont like you taking life. Everyone I see in my FLGS takes it and Im not a great fan of the result. I think people see the possibility of +4T and just get fixated on it... I think the lore of light is much better, and then fire, metal, shadow and death all have supurb abilities of their own. Personally I would take shadow with your slaan since that allows you to nerf the enemy S/T, lower enemy WS and I (so you go first and hit on a 3+) and even increase your strength to 8-9 (which if you get on the spear saurus very little is ever going to survive against them).

I really dont think chammy skinks are worth thier cost. They are great distractions, but will never win you games... and nearly 200pts spent on them when you onyl have 1500 is way OTT in my view, so Im really not a fan of list B (it just seems to lack any 'scare').

1 - 2 of 2 Posts