Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the tyranid codex it says two of the same weapon on a nid counts as twin linked.this is why bs and vc on fexes is better then two of the same gun. now on warriors does putting 2 of the same gun twin link it cause they can only shoot one a turn?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
well i don't make my warriors like that so i never looked into it, but i would say if you have them 2 deathspiters for example i rekon that would be twin linked

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear if you use warriors you should make them shooty or cc. not a mix. twin linked devourers cost one more then talons and one less then gun and claws. warrior rending claws are also a pain to come by so twin linking a weapon might be a better choice yet i see no one using it. i understand not linking the big weapons cause that would be expensive but twin linked devourers seem like a good idea. i played one in a squad of 3 warriors and he did better then the one with vc and claws and the other with ds and talons.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
well i always use Scything talons and death spitters i walk them up and they shoot and then add there muscle in close combat, i have never seen twin linked warriors.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
warrior- es,ds,st=28 pt
warrior-tlds=30 pt
you lose one attack but way more likely to use your strength 5 blast template for 2 points more. don't know. testing it with devourers right now. living ammo rocks and with twin linked enhanced sences isn't as neccesay. twin linked devourers seem to work on the big boys. why not warriors.
warrior-es,dv,st=25 pts
warrior-tldv=24 pts

·
Registered
162 Posts
would that count as 2 cc weapons w/ +1 A?

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
i just wanted to know if you have 2 guns on your warriors does it count as having 2 close combat weapons giving you 1 extra attack but you answered it. thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
only way a nid gets an extra cc attk is if it has scything talons.(except for fex's upgrades) Gets +2 attks if it has 2 sets of talons. GS are only allowed 1 set. See other unit entries in dex for ea. units upgrade possibilities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts