Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Twin-linked Barbed Strangler?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Djinn24 
#1 ·
Hi!

I want to give one of my carnifexes 2 barbed stranglers and fire them as different weapons (and not as twin-linked).

Question is, can I do that or does 2 weapons of the same always count as twin-linked? :?

Please share your thoughts :)

#3 ·
"do 2 weapons of the same always count as twin-linked?"
I would say no, as you can give a leman russ two (nay, three if you're up to it) heavy bolters and fire them indepentently. I've always just assumed that two weapons don't count as twin-linked unless it says so in the profile. *shrugs*

Anph is right though, let's wait for some foul xenos... i mean tyranid players to get here and clarify. :wink:

#6 ·
Unfortunately, it pretty explicitly says that multiple weapons given to a Tyranid monstrous creature count as twin linked. That being said, a Carnifex has a piss-poor ballistic skill, and even with Enhanced Senses, it'll benefit greatly from having such a big gun be twin-linked.

#9 ·
I find a lot of people, including myself, usually go with a venom cannon and a barbed strangler. The VC can really hurt enemy tanks, and the BS can really hurt squads or tanks.

The VC, though it cannot pen., will almost always glance (because on the carnifex it's S 10), and that is a lot of rolls on the glancing chart.

#10 ·
Actually the wording in the Tyranid codex on page 30, while directly after the Monstrous creature information seems to imply that ANY Tyranid wielding two of the same ranged weapon counts them as twin-linked. So Tyranid Warriors for example could wield two Deathspitters and use it as one twin-linked weapon.

#11 ·
It actually states it explicitly on page 30, "A Tyranid that carries two of the same ranged weapon symbiote counts them as twin-linked."
As Ghostbear says, that allows Warriors sort of a loophole around the 'only shoot one ranged weapon per turn' rule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.