Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you get to play any extra turns remaining after wiping out your opp?
Basically for capturing objectives etc?

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Yes, No , Kind of!

We don't play them out as such, but we do use them to finish the game off.

What we do is just quickly measure the distance to any objectives and work out if the surviving players units could get there in the remaining turns if the game hinges on it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, you should get the full 6 in a tournament, even if it is you just measuring movement 3 times or whatever. Shouldn't take too long, so isn't a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes you do get to finish all your turns.

The game lasts for x turns (usually 6) not the number of turns it takes you to anihilate your opponent.

Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Usually you would not actually play the full numbers of turns, just work out would would happen objective wise etc.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The same kind of person who won't let you finish the game after wipeout, is the same kind that claims they've won if you have no models on the board in any turn (e.g. some still left in Reserve)- i.e. 'a nobber'.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah this was always one of those things people tried to say the game ends now over but you should get the full 6 turns as objectives can make a huge difference.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's a six turn game so six turns Is played, If It's escalation then you'd still roll the 4+ to run after those objectives.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought so, One of my opp's claimed otherwise at the Gt but i think it was probably through mis-understanding than trying to rob me of more vps. As i'd easily massacred i didn't even make a thing of it.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.