Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow gamers,

Ive only recently started collecting and gaming in the Warhammer 40k world (4 months tops), started with Imperial Guard and had around a 700 point 'infantry platoon', had fun painting and gaming the Guard but felt something was missing... basically BS4 and more than an armour save of 5! haha

Chaos marines have always been in the back of my mind, especially the Helldrake and forgefiend model,
So... i traded in my Guard at my local club/store (independant) and now am in the process of building my own Black Legion! My bro has recently started with the Salamanders so it kind of fits perfectly for our brotherly battles :threaten:

Big change in models and tactics for me now, especially being a proper novice, so any thoughts, advice will always be appreciated.

Death to the false emperor!!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard mate!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Funny to be going after BS4, when your stated interests are the BS3 Forgefiend and Heldrake (for all that the latter usually has an auto-hit flamer)...

They're great units, though! Welcome to the dark side!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny to be going after BS4, when your stated interests are the BS3 Forgefiend and Heldrake (for all that the latter usually has an auto-hit flamer)...

They're great units, though! Welcome to the dark side!
Yeah those models are what drew me to the warhammer scene in the first place (accepted the point about their BS3) tho having squads of csm with BS4 is going to be a welcome change!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no such thing as too evil, so go crazy! To solidify the rivalry with your bro's army, I suggest adding some gory heads/trophies and such to your minis as if taken from dead Salamanders.
Thats an awesome idea about the salamander heads... plus it will really wind up my bro haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts