Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
That looks like a solid base for a gaming table! I like that your Imperial Guard have suitable bases, and am curious how your entire force would look on this board. Do you have any, or are you planning to make other snow-themed scenery? I think some interesting pieces might really do this board justice.

May I ask how you made this snow?

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a solid base for a gaming table! I like that your Imperial Guard have suitable bases, and am curious how your entire force would look on this board. Do you have any, or are you planning to make other snow-themed scenery? I think some interesting pieces might really do this board justice.

I have a full army of snow/iceworld based Imperial guard (if you want to see it, right here http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/army.php?do=viewarmy&army_id=404) , and am working on a space wolves army (also here http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/army.php?do=viewarmy&army_id=1114 for your viewing pleasure XD)

I bought the Imperial sector ruins set a year or 2 ago (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Imperial-Sector) wich I plan to paint and base like an abandoned Imperial settlement of a once prosperous world, and I have the GW "lunar" craters wich I am going to paint in suitable colours for the gaming board as well as the crashed aquila lander from the battle for Mcragge 4th edition starter set. I will be trying to start a project log on it when and if time allows (and whenever I have all the resources)

the 2 plates of the 6 that aren't on the picture are the RoB plates with skulls in crags wich I am going to cover with PVA glue and paint to look like water/ice (hopefully) I'll be trying to make pictures of the steps and put it in the project Log area.
especialy because one of them only has the very base steps done before I can turn it into what you see in the photos.

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Sweet board, I love bleak and harsh looking gaming tables, will you be adding any snow covered scrub or a couple lonely trees or keeping it barren

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet board, I love bleak and harsh looking gaming tables, will you be adding any snow covered scrub or a couple lonely trees or keeping it barren
I will most likely keep it barren, but there is a fair chance I will be adding more "natural" terrain like dead trees and snow coverd scrubs like you said, but without glueing it stuck to the board. I am trying to keep it as modular as possible, especialy because I will be moving after the coming college year, I want to be able to stuff the plates into the case it came with.

EDIT: only having 4 hours of sleep apparently increases productivity but plays hell on my spelling.

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totaly forgot to answer this one, sorry!

I basicly glued the entire surface with sand, then after that had dried, I sprayed the surface with a can of Albastine wall paint (seeing as you are from the Netherlands, I got it from the Multimade roughly 22 Euros) white ofcourse, I dont know where I got this crazy idea but it got the effect that I wanted perfectly, will be trying to turn the last plate into a tutorial

1 - 7 of 7 Posts