Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to build a 1850 points army to follow a plan as I tend to buy a lot and thing that I don't use. I need something to keep me in the track. I will try to build the army by unit and I would like advise on the build and what to take with the point left. SO lets start:

I am using the Crimson Slaughter Supplement:

Juggerlord with 5 Spawn: This should be somewhere between 330pts and 380pts depending on the lord build. And for this I am not sure. He will have the sigil, and daemonheart.

1) Blade of the Relentless: but last time I face only 2+ Grey Knight army and I got a lot of trouble to do the first kill to activate the blade
2) Power fist and Lightning Claw: Really expensive and the AP2 is at I1 so not usefull against Dreadknight and other like this.

So, what do you think I should build this guy?

Sorcerer on bike power Axe with Sigil, Spell Familiar: Make him a Lvl3 psycher or 2? And for is unit, I was thinking to takes some 5 slaanesh biker with Icone of exess and plasma gun. The champion with a pair of LC. Is this build valid? This unit should be around 400 points.

2 Maulerfiend: One with Lasher, other with magma. I like this build. Last time the took a Dreadknight, they killed a daemon prince... thats 260 points

So, at this moment I am at 260 + 400 + 380= 1040

Lets talk about troups:

20 Cutlist: Start in reserve and come to take objectif. nothing else 90 points

5 CSM with Melta and Champion with meltabomb in a rhino with Dirge Caster: Grab some objectif and nothing else. 143 points

10 CSM w/ CCW, 2 Melta, Champion with meltabomb in a rhino with Dirge Caster: Expensive but can be a threat. 223 points

What do you think will be the best set up for troops in this army?

Now lets talk about Fast Attack. I still can take one choice and I can't decide between:

1) Hellblade to hunt fliers but it will be is only job. I can't see him doing something else.

2) Helldrake but the problem is the my army should be in CC when it arrive, which mean, not a lot of target and he can't really take care of other fliers.

What's you take on this one?

Now Heavy Support:
I was thinking on taking 2 Obliterators with mark of Nurgle (maybe 3) to just sit in one of my objectif and just fire away. They can give me a nice fire support, but maybe Havocs can do it better, but they are more specialize. What I like about Oblits it's the capability of choosing the right weapon and threatening more than one type of unit.

Normaly all this should bring me around 1850 points. If I still have points to spare I will probably take a termicide unit or more Troops choice.

Anyway, I really want to make a list that can take on everything. Also, I need this list to be good because I will follow a planning for the purchase to stop spending to much money on everything!
Thanks a lot for the help.

PS: If you want to see my Showcase, just clic here

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
1) Blade of the Relentless: but last time I face only 2+ Grey Knight army and I got a lot of trouble to do the first kill to activate the blade
2) Power fist and Lightning Claw: Really expensive and the AP2 is at I1 so not usefull against Dreadknight and other like this.
An all 2+ save army really is the worst case scenario for the BotR. I'd probably go Fisticlaws, honestly, and trust the Spawn to soak up Dreadknight wounds. If the Lord weren't on a Juggernaut I'd MoN those spawn right off, so they did't get IDed by S10... ah, the trials we face with the MoK. I mean, it'd be possible to do a Fisticlaws MoN Bikerlord, but... we're all about those Juggs.

Sorcerer on bike power Axe with Sigil, Spell Familiar: Make him a Lvl3 psycher or 2? And for is unit, I was thinking to takes some 5 slaanesh biker with Icone of exess and plasma gun. The champion with a pair of LC. Is this build valid? This unit should be around 400 points.
Instead of spending all the points to go IoE and MoS, I'd probably just go Biomancy on an ML3 Sorc--a good shot at Endurance, for a 4+ FNP--better than what you're spending all those points on--and a good shot at getting Iron Arm, which can boost, say, a Force Staff to obscene +5S and AP2. I generally go meltas on my bikers, since they have the mobility to get close enough to tanks and fill a generally needed anti-tank role in my lists--though you have some Maulerfiends and melta-CSM, plus are hoping for FNP, so plasma seems like a pretty solid choice. Especially with Relentless, thanks to being bikes! (suck it, Raptors!)

As far as Troops go, I'd probably take 3 of the 5-CSM in Rhino squads rather than 5 and 10, just so you have a potential 6 Objective Secured units from them for pretty dirt cheap, that can gang up on enemy units or split up and spread apart as needed. Maybe even downgrade the cultists to a mere 10-man squad that can even start in reserve--generally just trying to stay unnoticed to hold down a home objective out of LoS.

Fast Attack wise, the AP4 on the Hell Blade hurts a bit (even with rending with the awesome weapon upgrade) for taking out, say, Flyrants--but if a Heldrake does his AP2 Vector Strike and doesn't manage to take that Flyrant out, the Heldrake has left its vulnerable AV10 rear open for twin-linked devourer shots straight up the sphincter-jet.

Honestly, in an ideal world, I'd take one of both. Perhaps drop one of those 5-man CSM squads I mentioned? If I had to take just one, I'd probably go with the cheaper, more specialized Hellblade--it can still crack light transports and such quite well, but fills such a desperately needed competitive anti-flyer role for CSM.

HS-wise, I find a squad of Havocs more reliable and cheaper than Oblits. They'll put out twice as many shots, basically, than equivalent weapons. Oblits are fun and hard and flexible... just pretty damn expensive. I'd rather have 2 squads of Havocs with autocannons and missile launchers than 3 Oblits with MoN, myself.

This does look like a pretty fun list, though! If I had another Maulerfiend and a Hellblade... well... it would see some play in my area, I think.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
My take is as follows:

Juggerlord, fisticlaw, sigils
5 Spawns
(330)

Sorceror, 3nd lev, Bike, sigils (telepathy or biomancy. i'd do telepathy)
5 Nurgle Bikers, 2 meltaguns, 1 combimelta
(325)

13 cultists, 1 autogun (spare points :biggrin: )
5 marines, meltagun, meltabombs, rhino
5 marines, meltagun, meltabombs, rhino
(313)

2 Maulerfiends, 1 tendrils
(260)

2 Hellblades, upgraded autocannon
(230)

1 Nurgle Obliterator
6 Havocs, 4 missile launchers
6 Havocs, 4 lascannons
(392)

So, pretty simple: lord + maulers + bikers go forward, helped by some invisibility or shrouding from the sorc. Back follows the marines teams and the cultists for objective grab. Hellblades clear the sky and then shred infantry or MC's, helped by havocs. Obliterator is there as an utility tool, to finidh off havoc targets or to deepstrike and cause nuisance. Also, he can closely support the cultist squad in the event of the guys becoming relevant.
Cheers and GLORY TO CHAOS!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading to the reply, I made a list. it's 1850 points

CAD: Crimson Slaughter

Sorcerer (warlord) Lvl3, Spell Familiar, Force Axe, Bike, Sigil, Daemonheart 200pts

5x CSM with Meltagun, champion with Meltabomb in a Rhino with dirgecaster 120pts

5x CSM with Meltagun, champion with Meltabomb in a Rhino with dirgecaster 120pts

Hellblade with Hellstorm Autocannons 115pts

Hellblade with Hellstorm Autocannons 115pts

6x Chaos Bikers with MoN, 2 Meltaguns, champion with Meltabomb 155pts

6 Havocs with 4 Lascannon 168pts

Maulerfiend 125pts

Maulerfiend with Lasher Tendrils 135pts

Allied; Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil, Axe of Blind Fury, Meltabomb 175pts

15 Cultists 70pts

5 Spawn 150pts

2 Obliterators MoN and Veterans of the long War 158pts

So, I took some allied to free up more Fast and Heavy slots. This way the lord can take the Axe but my warlord is now the sorcerer. I gave him the Daemonheart, just in case, and he will roll on telepathy, I love this discipline. All my army still have the Fear special rule (exept cultists)

This list is 1806pts! I change the Missile Launcher with 2 Obliterators (because I order some from Hightechmini and they look cool).

I could free up some points and change an Hellblade for an Helldrake? If not, what could I do with 44pts? More CSMs, Cultists, Bikes?
Anyway, thanks for the advice! And Mossy, I really like reading you tactica!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
44 pts...mmh.. you could look at some Legacies of ruin in IA13 and get an outflanking rhino and beef up the outflankink marine squad...
EDIT: also, i love the allied detachment shenanigan to get the axe of bf :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never look at the AI Legacies, but the outflanking seems nice. A small surprise, grabbing an obj...

Another question: Which warlord trait should I use? Normaly I use the Crimson Slaughter for the Juggerlord, but now, my Warlord as to be the Sorcerer and 2 of the trait are kind of useless. The one making me charge and not shoot when at 12" (melta become useless on the bike), and the shrouded because I will roll on telepathy. And most of the other are buffing him in CC but sometimes I will not want him in combat.

So, what do you think is the best table for him?

PS: I will try to test a 1500 list based on this one soon. I will also try to write a battle report.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If i have a sorceror or DP warmaster i go for the Strategic traits on the BRB: cool and useful utilities and super duper infiltration shenanigan. Otherwise if i go for the melee beast 50% Command traits, 50% CSM (crimson or not) traits, depending on opponent

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The 1500 point list based on the one up did well. I play against a Necron with an Obelisk and the formation, I loose but I was pretty unlucky and did some strategic mistake. Sending the sorcerer and retinue against his Jetbikes....

The second game was against a Grey Knight army. I tabled him! He had 2 Dreadknight, 2 group of terminators, 2 group of Purificatore in Rhino and 1 group of Legion of the Damned. I lost my Havocs with one round of fire from a terminators squads, relly unlucky I rolled a lot of 2's. But overall, my sorcerer kept busy the 2 Dread with invisible on himself and his unit will the lord was tacking units one by one! The flier helped putting some wounds.

So after this two game, I was thinking to change a little the final list with some daemon inside. The list is the same but I add a Khorne Herald with Hounds. This give me 2 really scary units in combat and really fast also, they can run up the board with the maulerfiend and the bikes supporting them. The bloodletters are here for the taxe and will deepstrike on an objectif or ready to help.

I was thinking of Changing the Herald and the Hound for a bloodthirster. I love the new unit and he is also hard to kill and a beast in combat. Here is the list:

CAD: Crimson SLaughter

+ HQ (200pts) +
Sorcerer (200pts) [2x Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Daemonheart, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, Warlord]
····Force Weapon [Force Axe]

+ Troops (260pts) +
Chaos Space Marines (130pts)
····Aspiring Champion [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Close Combat Weapon, Melta Bombs ]
····4x Boltgun loadout [4x Bolt Pistol, 3x Boltgun, 1xMelta]
····Chaos Rhino (40pts) [Combi-bolter, Dirge caster, Searchlight, Smoke launchers]

Chaos Space Marines (130pts)
····Aspiring Champion [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Close Combat Weapon, Melta Bombs ]
····4x Boltgun loadout [4x Bolt Pistol, 3x Boltgun, 1xMelta]
····Chaos Rhino (40pts) [Combi-bolter, Dirge caster, Searchlight, Smoke launchers]

+ Fast Attack (230pts) +
[FW] Hell Blade (115pts) [Two Helstorm Autocannons]

Chaos Bikers (115pts) [3x Chaos Biker, 2x Meltagun]
····Chaos Biker Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Melta Bombs]

+ Heavy Support (260pts) +
Maulerfiend (135pts) [Daemonic Possession, Lasher tendrils]

Maulerfiend (125pts) [Daemonic Possession, Magma cutters]

Allied: CSM
+ HQ (175pts) +
Chaos Lord (175pts) [Axe of Blind Fury, Bolt Pistol, Juggernaut of Khorne, Mark of Khorne, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption]

+ Troops (50pts) +
Chaos Cultists (50pts) [9x Cultists in total, 9x Cultists with autopistols]
····Cultist Champion (14pts) [Auto Pistol]

+ Fast Attack (120pts) +
Chaos Spawn (120pts) [4x Spawn]

+ Heavy Support (158pts) +
Obliterators (158pts) [Mark of Nurgle, 2x Obliterator, Veterans of the Long War]

Allied: Chaos Daemons
+ HQ (135pts) +
Daemonic Heralds (135pts)
····Herald of Khorne (135pts) [D6 Daemonic Reward, Exalted Locus of Wrath, Juggernaut]

+ Troops (100pts) +
Bloodletters of Khorne (100pts) [10x Bloodletters (100pts)]

+ Fast Attack (160pts) +
Flesh Hounds of Khorne (160pts) [10x Flesh Hounds (160pts)]

Like always, don't hesitate to comment.

Thanks a lot

EDIT: I miss the Melta on the CSM squad, and I put down the cultist to the minimum.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I'd do whatever I need to in order to get meltas or plasmas on those CSM in Rhinos.

I hesitate to take a mere squad of 10 Bloodletters. I mean, if you're committed to Khorne-only, go ahead--but if you don't mind branking out to other gods (like the MoN on the Oblits suggests), I'd rather have 3 Nurgling Swarms for less than half as many points. They're a great objective holder, with low body profiles and Shrouded, that you can forget about. Less points even than a squad of cultists, better basic save, Shrouded, basically fearless, and more wounds!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just saw for the Melta. And they are in now. As for the Nurgle Oblit, I am thinking on changing them for 5 Havocs with 4 Lascannon. Same price, more shoot and I will respect the only Khorne Mark.

And yes, I am trying to buil a more Khorne Army and I am hopping that the rumours I heard in GW this week end are true!
I know it's not the thread but here is what I heard:
First I was speaking with a friend and he was telling me about the rumours of a new codex for Khorne (Daemons and CSM together) I didn't beleive him, and was not interested, until the red shirt came along. And after a time discussing, he finaly say that he can tell me because it's for next week and it will be a codex for Khorne!

Now, I don't know if I should beleive him, but he has no reason to lie because I was not ready to buy anything!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I just saw for the Melta. And they are in now. As for the Nurgle Oblit, I am thinking on changing them for 5 Havocs with 4 Lascannon. Same price, more shoot and I will respect the only Khorne Mark.

And yes, I am trying to buil a more Khorne Army and I am hopping that the rumours I heard in GW this week end are true!
I know it's not the thread but here is what I heard:
First I was speaking with a friend and he was telling me about the rumours of a new codex for Khorne (Daemons and CSM together) I didn't beleive him, and was not interested, until the red shirt came along. And after a time discussing, he finaly say that he can tell me because it's for next week and it will be a codex for Khorne!

Now, I don't know if I should beleive him, but he has no reason to lie because I was not ready to buy anything!
the rumours are true, it's khorne's year! also, i subscribe your list. Bloodletters are the weak spot, but, hey, i don't argue with fluff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts