Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a CSM list that i am wanting to put together but i dont really know if it is legal. total points allotment 2000:

HQ: 270pts
Terminator Lord: Lightning Claw, Twin-linked bolter

Elites:530pts
Terminators x 5: 1 IoCG, 5x dual Lightning Claws
Terminators x 5: 1 IoCG, 5x dual lightning claws
Dreadnought: 2xccw,

Troops:680 pts
CSM x 10: Champ w/ Tl- bolter, pw
IoCG x 1
9 x meltas
Rhino - 1 TL - Bolter, 1 x Havoc Launcher

CSM x 10: Champ w/ TL - Bolter, PW
IoCG x 1
Meltas x 9
Rhino - 1 TL - Bolter, 1 x havoc launcher

Heavy support: 480 pts
Land Raider - 1 x pintle TL - Bolter, 1 x pintle Havoc Launcher

total points is 1960 and dont really know how to use this yet. again dont know if it is a legal list. please advise on what you would do. thanks and BFTBG.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
"Troops:680 pts
IoCG x 1
9 x meltas
Rhino - 1 TL - Bolter, 1 x Havoc Launcher"

this is the only illegal unit: you cannot have 9 melta guns, up to 2 in CSM squads; if your not sure consult the codex, if you do not own the codex "buy" it....somehow someway

however playing wise, your lords have no ride - cannot ride in rhinos theyre full, as are the land raiders

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok will fix the csm squads. and should i drop the term squads down to 4 each so i can fith them in the LR`s?

HQ: 270pts

Elites:530pts
Terminators x 4: 1 IoCG, 5x dual Lightning Claws
Terminators x 4: 1 IoCG, 5x dual lightning claws
Dreadnought: 2xccw,

Troops:680 pts
IoCG x 1
2 x meltas
Rhino - 1 TL - Bolter, 1 x Havoc Launcher

IoCG x 1
Meltas x 2
Rhino - 1 TL - Bolter, 1 x havoc launcher

IoCG x 1
Meltas x 2
Rhino - 1 TL - Bolter

Heavy support: 480 pts

kk here is the fixed list. was able to add another squad of csm with another rhino. putting me at 1995. hope it looks better now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would drop the Havoc Launchers and pintle-mounted Combi-Bolters. Rhinos usually die before they have a chance to use either of those to any effect, in my experience.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you are gonna use the Havoc Launchers just make sure they are on everything. they are a good weapon for their points but if you only have one or two they will not last beyond the first 2 turns.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i would drop the havoc launchers on the rhino's and land raiders as well + u cant have 2 pintle mounted weapons on a land raider (i suggest none). and the twin linked bolter from each of the champions in the standard CSM squads. i think this is unnecessary. then with the extra points switch the lords with 2 daemon princes, with wings, and warp time.
i think princes are the way to go, but if u dont like em' thats fine, maybe give one lord a deamon weapon (blissgiver or bloodfeeder with appropriate mark).

you might also have enough points to add an extra termi in each unit. and i would also suggest at least 1 power fist in each of those units as well, then they should be great!! watch out for that dreadnaught, otherwise not a bad list

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think the list is fine without having to take DPs like every chaos player does.
The lords will work fine I agree with the above for giving daemon weapons.
are those lords n termis going in the LR?....lets hope so:p
apart from the weapons on the rhinos n stuff it looks pretty good for a list that hasn't been warped by the comp players with their 2 DP lash lists:) good that you are doing something different:)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
recommend one PF or CF in each of your termie squads. you need to be able to reliably kill MCs.

surprisingly solid list otherwise.

good hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts