Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a long time, but I wanted to ask a few questions about facing some orks with my csm. We play according to how many models he has (cause he's relatively new) so the armies are both about 755 points. Only problem is I have a HARD time beating him. We kinda play on small tables as well, so that's to his advantage. But anyway, here are the lists:

Orks
Warboss w/ pk + tl shoota + cybork + eavy - 100
6x nobz w/ 2x pk + 3x big choppa + cybork + eavy + banner + painboy + orderly + trukk w/ red paint + ram - 350
20x shoota boyz + 2 big shoota + nob - 140
Battlewagon w/ kannon + 3x big shoota + grot riggers+ ram - 125
Kills kan w/ grotzooka - 10

CSM
Daemon prince w/ mok - 110
7x berzerkers w/ champ + pf + rhino - 222
5x CSM w/ flames - 80
Dreadnaught w/ melta - 100
Obliterator - 75
Vindicator w/ dp + havoc - 160

Pretty much if I assault forward I get hacked to pieces and if I hang back I eventually get overrun anyway. The nob squad is almost impossible to destroy for me. Suggestions?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
basically you need some fire power.

I'd say your best bet is replacing that dreadnought along with the obliterator for another vindicator with daemonic possession. you don't need the havoc launcher as you can only ever fire the cannon. id use the rest of the points on wings for your dp and drag some of his units away from your main fighting force.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Lash for the DP maybe? whip them into a nice cluster then bomb them to hell with the vindi

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Defo go with what CK said, Get that 2nd Vinidicator, and feast on those little shits. Your DP can deal with the other shit.

Small table becomes your advantage... 2x Blast Plating your opponent from turn 1. then send your DP hurtling towards the battle wagon, then Just let your Khorne Berserkers mop up the stragglers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What should I drop then to make room for that extra vindicator then?

Edit: yeah didn't see the rest of ck's post. Derp. Any other suggestions tho? Or is that what everyone else is feeling haha.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
personally i would use a Khornate Lord with a Blood Feeder or a Tzeentchian Sorc. or even a Lord with TL LC and IoS. or you could go with a bare-gones HQ and take the HQ just because you have to. Kharn, even by himself, is pretty great.

try using Death Guard, 5-6 of them with flamers in a rhino should do well, and if he manages kill your tank, now you're harder to kill. not to mention Blight Grenades reduce his attacks as well. three of these squads come out to 480, i think.

drop the Dread and the Oblit. i'd use Havoks with ML and spam away the templates.

take a smattering of anti-tank: find a place to put in a melta gun to kill his Trukk.

you have decent anti-horde, but IMO it seems that you have it concentrated. spread it out. if you can get multiple angles on your flame templates you'll kill more Orks, and a broken Ork unit is something you shouldn't worry about.

good hunting.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Isn't the Trukk open-topped, meaning its pretty easy to blow up? :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problems I usually run into is that his boyz in the wagon just sit in it and rip up my troops eventually. The trukk isn't the problem, it's the nobz inside that is the problem. Since they have 2 4+ saves or a 5+ inv AND 2 wounds each they're beyond hard to kill

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
all those saves mean fuck all when you have missile launchers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Death guard? I guess I don't know everything that there is outside of re CSM codex. Are those just plague marines?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here's a completely different list I made just thinking of new options:

1x Sorcerer w/ MoS + LoS + Steed - 155

6x Noise Marines w/ 5x Sonic Blasters - 145

6x Noise Marines w/ 5x Sonic Blasters - 145

2x Vindicators w/ DP - 310

I'll have the sorcerer lash the nob squad after the trukk has been destroyed and mop up everything else with the vindicators. The marines stay near the vindicators for support, and since they outrange the 18" shootas in the battlewagon they won't get picked off like my berzerkers did. Does that sound like a legitimate strategy? And btw, the sorcerer has a steed because I converted a fantasy cavalry model into a "headless horseman" sorcerer, and I really want to use it :biggrin:

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Yer, they are the original legion! Not all Plague marines are death guard but all traitor ..... did I say traitor I meant wise, death guard are plague marines!

·
Registered
496 Posts
the thing about orks is, they are pretty shit in combat, there are just a fuck load of them

USE BERSERKERS!!!!!!! o.e

Berserkers pwn orks in combat, just make sure you charge x3

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love my berzerkers too, but since his orks can waagh I almost NEVER have the opportunity to assault him, unless I just keep them in a rhino and wait for him to blow it up...

·
Registered
44 Posts
i would say ether vindis or defilers i played a game tonight it was 1500 points against gaurd and i had 1 lash prince 1 khorne prince a vindi and a defi 2 squads of plages and a squad of thousand sons i wiped the gaurd out in 4 turns there was nothing left all i can say is have 1 dp with lash dps are better then lords becase they are imuned to instant death but make sure your dp has wings and also dp gets 2 d6 for armour pen on each sucseful hit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts