Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing a lot of blob guard vs Dark Eldar recently. It's been rough going so I've found the addition of an aegis line mandatory to keep my infantry alive until the end of the game. I keep trying to include the quad-gun but it is always killed first turn by a single venom.

Each venom has the ability to put 4-5 wounds per volley on the quad-gun from range. This is often enough for me to fail 2 saves. If not, some trueborn or another venom finish it off.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I feel it's a huge waste of 50pts, especially in 1k games.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Is he running Flyers? If yes, put the Quad-Gun behind LOS blocking terrain so that only air targets can see it and vice versa. If not, then you don't need the Quad-Gun.

Blob Guard should have no problem with Dark Eldar - their Poison shots are inefficient against hordes of T3 dudes, and your firepower is enough to blow away pretty much anything they can field at 1000pts - 30+ Twin-Linked Lasguns really brutalise Dark Eldar, even if they're a squad of 20.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He'll run the bomber on occasion. I'm leaning towards not including one at all for more guns elsewhere. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I feel it's a huge waste of 50pts, especially in 1k games.
I use one in larger games specifically because I don't have a second Vendetta, though I like allying in a Stormraven and play the ADL with a comms relay. Pretty much always up against fliers though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm really digging the quad-gun behind LoS blocking terrain, just enough so that it can still shoot up. I tried it in a 2k 1v2 game (IG+CSM vs IG & DE) and although venoms still killed it before their Valkyrie came in, I certainly saw the merit.

Despite that I'm definitely not including it at 1k, opting instead for the Helcult formation. I find my vendetta and twin-linked autocannons are enough to deal with fliers at that point level. The Aegis + Quad-gun is in my 1999+1 list, not quite sure if I need it for 1850. Only play testing will tell from here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts