Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
The short answer is no. For a basic platoon you need one platoon command squad comprised of 5 guys and two infantry squads comprised of 10 per squad. Beyond that, you can take heavy weapons squads to add more punch to your mediocre guardsmen, special weapon squads to give you more special weapons, and conscripts to provide meat.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63327 This thread is the most helpful one that I have seen.

Edit: that said, I would be more than happy to give you answers to anything specific.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
As Nave siad that is telling you the rules form the codex which is agian forum rules. The link he provided is very good for any IG player and a must read.

In short you NEED 1 Platoon command and x2 10 man Infantry squads. you can add in other parts of the platoon such as more Infantry squads, Heavy weapon teams, speial weapon teams and conscripts and all of them count as 1 Troop choice for force orginisation perposes.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Um, since when can't you describe how rules work?
It's point costs you can't post.

An Infantry Platoon is multiple units, which take up a single FOC slot.
It consists, at minimum, one Platoon Command squad, and two Infantry squads.
Beyond this, you can have up to 5 (I think) Infantry squad, and a bunch of other things like Heavy Weapon squads, and Special Weapon squads.

This should all be above the PCS entry in the army list, I think.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep, Got two whole pages just to infantry platoons.

Minimum for one Platoon is:

One PCS
Two Infantry squads (one infantry squad is ten men so this is twenty men)

Only count as one FOC but all count as scoring.

Also they are not all in one squad. (except Infantry squad but you can choose for them)

Hoped this helped

·
Registered
460 Posts
I meant that it would be rather difficult to detail every aspect of Infantry platoons, and it would be easier to give answers to specific questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts