Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I versed a list similar to this it was just 2400 points. But 2000 will do just fine.

Heroes:
Scyla Anfingrimm

Throgg

Core:
Chaos Trolls, EDIT: 48 of them

Tactic is Split the Trolls up into 3 hordes, Scyla is your General
my army got minced by this. Albeit I tried fluffing Valkia but that
was for fun even if I didn't I still probably wouldn't of won.

·
Registered
483 Posts
2 problems I see w/ the list:
1) Super low I on all the models just screams for someone to 6-dice Purple Sun all game. Heck, they wouldn't even need to brute force it through like that as you have no way of fending off magic.

2) If your opponent knows how to use the chaff war to his favor, he'll just feed you weedy little units to occupy the blocks while setting up combo charges to pick apart 1 unit at a time.

You need a bit more for the army. Some dogs or chariots to deal w/ chaff. A scroll caddy at minimum to help w/ swatting down some magic. Just trolls is to 1-dimensonal and a canny general will pick the army apart in all the other phases.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chaff units would have to either flank charge or be fairly large cause if they got charged most
chaff units are mostly low on armour saves and that would get minced by 1 round of combat against a
horde of trolls and if they happen to have high armour saves troll vomit. Not to mention each troll has 3
wounds each and you can get 48 of them in 2000pts with a Throgg and Scyla as your hero choices.
Probably should of put that number in the original list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lack of magic defence is an issue.

Three troll hordes are also going to be unwieldy to steer: even with Throgg they will be stupid often enough to give your opponent flank/rear charges.
Mind if you elaborrate the Throgg bit because Scyla is my General leadership 10.
And I understand a fair bit of Magic will be a problem from what I've looked at in the Core rulebook everything from Fire and anything with a Skill check with no saves allowed like Purple Sun.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ld isn't going to be as big a problem as all the trolls will be able to use Throgg's Ld w/in 18" or Scyla's w/in 12". But, that's still means you have to keep everything fairly bunched -- a dream for people trying to Sun you off the table or drop artillery templates on your head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts