Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started a new army. A totally new type of army ... a fantasy army. My choice is beastmen, and not liking the default flesh look that GW use I have tied something different.

So this is really just a test model. I still need to finish of the weapon handles and this is not a great picture as I only took it quickly

What do you lot think?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I like the skin tone you got, reminds me of vampiric skin nocternal sort of beasts. Brings out the red eyes alot.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Love the skin tone, but think black or shades of grey would work better for the fur/hair...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The axes seem quite dull and flat; add some washes to the metal along with perhaps a drybrushing of a lighter metal along the blade. For the wood, I'd suggest getting a lighter brown and painting thin lines length-ways. The leather also seems very yellow. Perhaps mute this a bit and go for a more browny approach.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The axes seem quite dull and flat; add some washes to the metal along with perhaps a drybrushing of a lighter metal along the blade. For the wood, I'd suggest getting a lighter brown and painting thin lines length-ways. The leather also seems very yellow. Perhaps mute this a bit and go for a more browny approach.
The axes were not complete when I took the picture. I just wanted to see what people thought of the different skin colouring I have used.

I like it, nice to see somebody painting them differently.

(Hope he ranks up ok with his axes sticking out like that. :) )
He ranks up fine, although I do have a specific order in which they can be placed in the unit.

Love the skin tone, but think black or shades of grey would work better for the fur/hair...
I think I agree with this. I am going to do another test fur model and see how a grey/black fur works. I just didn't want it to look too monotone.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
With the pale skin/dark(black) fur, a bit of fluff came to me- Perhaps this band of Beastmen live near the borders of Sylvania, and have started taking on physical traits of the rulers of that dread land...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
With the pale skin/dark(black) fur, a bit of fluff came to me- Perhaps this band of Beastmen live near the borders of Sylvania, and have started taking on physical traits of the rulers of that dread land...
I didn't think about that I was thinking about them being from the north.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts