Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 Questions really as i want the dobble cheak them.

1 - It says that if Transport moves then the ocupence count as moving. Will this affect people with Relentless such as thosand sons? Also if i move MORE than 6"(aka Crusing speed or faster) can someone with relentless still fire?

2 - I tryed to cast Sanguinary Shield while in my Landraider yesterday and one GW staff said that i can't. I said that it's not a shooting attack and the Blood Angles FAQ said that i can. he then said that the big book's FAQ said that you need fire points to use ANY powers not just shooting. Is he right or just talking bull(as usuall)

3 - It says that a single modal my use a fire point so can Ahriman use 3 powers(all shooting as his Staff allows) or am i limited to just 1 shot as normal? This would really make one list i have planed even batter if he can.

Thanks for you help.
P.S. How do you pronoce Ahriman? I have been saying it like Saruman only without the S.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Answers in green.

3 Questions really as i want the dobble cheak them.

1 - It says that if Transport moves then the ocupence count as moving. Will this affect people with Relentless such as thosand sons? Also if i move MORE than 6"(aka Crusing speed or faster) can someone with relentless still fire?

A unit in a transport can fire out of a fire point if the transport moves at combat speed, (6 inches or less.) Page 66 in the BRB. Relentless models can fire any weapon, "heavy" for example, and still have counted as moved.

If the vehicle moved any faster, cruising speed for example, no one can fire from the vehicle. Again, page 66 in the BRB.

2 - I tryed to cast Sanguinary Shield while in my Landraider yesterday and one GW staff said that i can't. I said that it's not a shooting attack and the Blood Angles FAQ said that i can. he then said that the big book's FAQ said that you need fire points to use ANY powers not just shooting. Is he right or just talking bull(as usuall)

Fire points are used for shooting from a vehicle. I do not know how the "sanguinary shield" power works or how it is classed, but if it only affects friendly units, then the unit in the transport is only going to be affected. In that case then, no fire point is used or even needed. If it gives a range of power, like 6 inches from the caster, then you would measure from the hull of the transport.

3 - It says that a single modal my use a fire point so can Ahriman use 3 powers(all shooting as his Staff allows) or am i limited to just 1 shot as normal? This would really make one list i have planed even batter if he can.

Ahriman could use 3 attacks from one fire point as long as you are using the rules for him correctly.

Thanks for you help.
P.S. How do you pronoce Ahriman? I have been saying it like Saruman only without the S.

"Ah-re-man" is how I pronounce his name.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts

This power does not need to use a fire point. You CAN use it while you are in a LR and ANY unit within 6" of the hull will get a 5+ cover save. He was wrong. The FAQ for the BRB shows this ... it is the top right of page one, when you open the pdf it is the first thing you see.
Do not let them try carnie tricks on you ... for all other questions ... Unforgiven has it right.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Ah-re-mahn for me as well.

Unforgiven and Tal have the right of it.

I suggest printing out the BR BFAQ and showing the Redshirt the actual rules. Calling him an idiot is optional, but warranted. lol

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
How the fuck does "Ahriman" potentially every sound like "aruman? There's an "i" for a reason, surely?
Kinda like there is a "GH" in "WAAAGH" that isn't pronounced? (even though I pronounce the "GH" in "WAAAGH" personally, as Orks don't put extra letters in a word unless they are going to pronounce them.) :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts