Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

As a daemon player I have waaaay too many awkward size and shape models such as Bloodthirster, Lord of Change, Daemon Princes, Soulgrinder and most importantly and preciously Aetaus'Rau'Keres the forgeworld Lord of Change.

How can I Safely* transport these models.

**With miminal preferably no damage.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I know the feeling well. There are a couple of ways, and it depends on how much you want to spend as well. In the case of the big beasts that you've mentioned, try looking in tool stores for big cases that have pluck foam. Then, trace the outline of your models over the pluck foam and tear it out so that you have maximum contact but no pressure on the weakest parts.

For your forgeworld guy, consider perhaps getting a sufficiently large case just for him, and maybe cut styrofoam to fit in two halves over his legs and over his wings/staff heads to prevent him moving but dampen any bumps within his case.

Of course if you are super rich, you can look to battle foam and other producers to custom cut your foam trays and supply cases for them.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I have a variety of cases: some from GW, some home made, some from Battle Foam. The BF ones are expensive but years down the road are still in the same condition. I like pluck foam but there can be a ton of wasted space at times depending on how ornate the model is.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I really like the new GW cases as they seem to protects models really nicely, though admittedly with the bigger models you can't really fit much extra in it. Try looking at battlefoam, they do custom trays for around £12 to fit in old GW cases and have a load of pre determined templates for various units and models, admittedly they may not have FW tempates but you can create the shapes yourself or get pluck form trays.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I force all of my gaming group to play at my house.
Typical ork player!

I have bucked the trend and forced the orks to come to me this year, since I own all the terrain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts