Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my friends and I have been debating a very specific scenario that has come up, and I was hoping you guys could shed some light on the issue. Sorry in advance if the question has been asked before.

Let's say there's a squad of Dark Eldar Warriors embarked on a Raider with a Dark Lance, and a squad of Tactical Marines embarked on a Rhino. If the Dark Lance destroys the Rhino, would the Warriors then be allowed to shoot at the Marines?

One argument is that since the Warriors are embarked on the transport their shots must happen at the same time as the Raider's. Therefore, even though they can fire at a separate unit they cannot shoot the Marines because the Marines would not have disembarked yet.

The other argument is that since the Warriors and Raider are considered separate units their shots have no bearing on each other whatsoever.

I personally think it's the second option, but can someone please clarify which version is correct? :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
no, passengers can shoot to different targets so...they can shoot passengers from a destroyer transport. they are different units and shoot at different times.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
If it were a squad of Warriors with a Dark Lance in them shooting at the Rhino, the Warriors wouldn't be able to redirect their fire to the Marines--but a Raider and its passengers fire independently at different times. The Raider could fire at a Rhino while the Warriors shoot over at the squad of Scouts in that ruin over there, freely, so by the same coin, they Warriors--when they choose to fire, which may well be after other shooting (including the Raider's Dark Lance) has wrecked the Rhino, they can pick the Tactical Squad as their target.

If you want to flip it around: what if the tactical squad has a meltagun in it, and that squad shoots at the Raider and pops it? Then, yeah, the Rhino can shoot its pintle-mounted storm bolter at the dismounted Warriors, sure. Go right ahead!

Which is all just a long-winded way of saying: what neferhet said. Passengers can shoot at a different time than their transports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts