Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traitor Chimera and a 10 man squad for your viewing leisure, oh and a 15 strong squad of 'counts as' mutants. More pictures can be easily found on the last page of my project log found in my signature (if anyone is interested). Not amazingly painted but I'm happy enough for now.

Never been a fan of magic and that sort of thing so I've largely stayed away from it. My guys are a somewhat organised militia rather than cultists.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Nice idea. Personally I think the red does not look solid enough. I would have put a coat of badab red underneath to give a nice base coat to paint on.

I like the chimera and I think again a good base colour may have looked even better.

Alround some nice conversions and a characterful squad.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Nice idea. Personally I think the red does not look solid enough. I would have put a coat of badab red underneath to give a nice base coat to paint on.
Gotta agree with humakt on this point, but as you said your happy with them.

I love the repositioned turret on the Chimera, nice touch.
Yellow plasma coils are a nice contrast on the minis

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Got to agree with Vash on this, the converted chimera is a cool touch, makes it look.....chaosy

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys. It never really ocured to me to do plasma in any other colour seeing as how they shoot plasma the temperature of the sun I kind of figured orange/yellow. Mind you, green and blue are also cool colours.

I know what you mean humakt (and others). The red is just a coat of red gore. It looks unfinished but the clothes are dyed red using blood (hence the name I guess) and I wanted to show that with a more raggedy appearance - although I fully see how it looks a bit iffy. I think it looks better as a cohesive force from 3' away (well I hope it does at least).

I originally saw a converted chimera up on the tread head thread over on warseer linkageness. Sorry I forget the page but its still a great source of information!

Got to love chaos marauders and empire millitia. Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll try and get better photos/minis next time.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Skin tones need a bit of work (Try using a darker matched wash for shading, then depending on your tastes you really should dry brushing or wet brushing on at least one layer of a lighter shading). Also you should really enrich the red parts on the models. Tank looks nice as it is though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts